Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2022, 03:28 PM   #1

Metal Siding - Air Gap - Reseal?

I have a 2014 32BHDS. I was driving down the road a few days ago and looked in my truck driver side mirror and I can see the side of my trailer up near the front, but on the driver side is getting air behind it and blowing out about 2 inches. I stopped and I am able to push lightly where the seams between the metal panels are and they move slightly and there is a small gap. I bought some duct tape and tried to seal the 4 metal panels as best I could so we could keep driving, but I am not sure it made much difference. The front of my trailer is really solid and the corners look sealed also.

I don't really want to take it to a dealer if I don't have to, so I am looking for help getting this sealed back up. Has anyone ran into this before? Any advice on how to seal these four panels? It looks like only about 2-3 feet are loose up near the front corner before the first window.

I thought about using some sealant and lightly pushing on the sides together a little but I am worried that air is just going to get back there somewhere else and it will just do it again. I am not sure how these panels attach to the trailer or to themselves at these seams.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:45 PM   #2

Nevermind, I found the answer. Google didn't help, but the third youtube video had the answer I was looking for. Doesn't look fun, but not overly complicated. Just need to make sure I don't bend the metal...

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:36 PM   #3
Site Team

Thanks for finding that video. I learned something new today.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote