Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2015, 08:05 AM   #1

n on refrigerator display

After sitting on side of the road with one wheel/tire off and camper really not level, the "n of death" is displayed, is this something I can correct myself? Or does anyone know how much the repair is?
jstor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:34 AM   #2

Which refrigerator do you have? Model and serial number. Many times it is something you can reset yourself.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #3
Site Team

Here is a reference to the "n" code on a Norcold.

https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset2.pdf
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGun40 View Post
Which refrigerator do you have? Model and serial number. Many times it is something you can reset yourself.
Norcold 512
Old 08-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #5

Old 08-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
Site Team

Here is the service manual:
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/n5051.pdf

Look on page 20
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 08-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #7

Of course, my panel is different
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #8

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Your fridge went past 6 degrees for longer than specs say. Your propane feed was shut off. Upon restart your fridge could not get power. After 3 tries it gives you the N. Means No. Your owners manual will say take it to a dealer. But you don't have to. There are two resets. one involves removing wires on the back through the access hatch. This is called a hard reset. If you elect to try This route be very careful. If you touch the wrong wire to the wrong lead you will fry the electrical board...$$$$. The other one is listed in the service manual already posted. It is a process but is easy. It involves only your display panel inside. Its called a soft reset. If the exact link is not for your model, do a search on the bryantrv website. Good chance he Has your model there somewhere. I reset mine in about 5 minutes this way. Unfortunately I do not have access to the service manual right now (I printed it) But that is the website where I found it after being lead there by this forum. Good luck
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Your fridge went past 6 degrees for longer than specs say. Your propane feed was shut off. Upon restart your fridge could not get power. After 3 tries it gives you the N. Means No. Your owners manual will say take it to a dealer. But you don't have to. There are two resets. one involves removing wires on the back through the access hatch. This is called a hard reset. If you elect to try This route be very careful. If you touch the wrong wire to the wrong lead you will fry the electrical board...$$$$. The other one is listed in the service manual already posted. It is a process but is easy. It involves only your display panel inside. Its called a soft reset. If the exact link is not for your model, do a search on the bryantrv website. Good chance he Has your model there somewhere. I reset mine in about 5 minutes this way. Unfortunately I do not have access to the service manual right now (I printed it) But that is the website where I found it after being lead there by this forum. Good luck

Are you saying that had the propane been turned in, even though the tt was off-kilter, this fridge error would not have happened?

( just checking for possible future preventative measures)
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:03 PM   #10

Probably still would have happened due to being out of level and the fridge didn't like that. Weather being on AC, LP, or 12v. I've had to do the hard reset a few times over the last 5 yrs to clear that fault and get the cooling to resume.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:11 PM   #11

If you have to put the trailer at an angle for a sustained time. You have to turn the fridge off. Don't rely on unplugging the trailer. Until you hit the off button it's trying to run. My fridge was on propane. I assume the OP was as well since he was changing a tire on the road. When off kilter the propane system has a check valve that will shut off the propane. Fridge is still running but has no power source(propane or electric) for the coolant. Display panel works off 12v battery on my fridge. It keeps trying to restart. Sensors tell it something is wrong and kills the cooling. Once level propane will start flowing again but the fridge electronics must be reset. Dealing with ammonia as the coolant, this not your kitchen fridge. Ammonia is very dangerous when not properly contained. Lots,of,safe guards in the system. I wish I could tell you the sequence but I'm in a phone and Bryant RV won't let my phone's browser on their website. This is a time thing as well, the trailer can go off kilter and keep running as long as it comes back within a certain time frame. You can learn a lot more about how these fridges work by reading the service manual Bryant has posted. Owners manual don't have much detailed info. I printed my model's and keep it in my trailer for future use.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #12

Thanks everyone, since my panel was different than pictured, need up going to local RV place, they reset and tuned up reefer for $75, not too bad, since critters were nesting in burner
Old 08-16-2015, 06:28 AM   #13
Site Team

A bargain! You can fix those problems without a owners manual.
Gator roll-up bed cover

Tags
n display, refrigerator