Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2021, 06:02 AM   #21

I believe your common denominator is you had it washed. The hwh and furnace boards do not like getting wet.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
I believe your common denominator is you had it washed. The hwh and furnace boards do not like getting wet.
Yup, but how do I prove this to the guy who washed it?! I guess I’ll just eat it! Not worth getting aggravated over! And I tell EVERYONE that washes my rig not to spray water directly into ANY vents!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:27 PM   #23

The answer to your 12 volt hot water question....If you turn on water heater with electric rocker switch....the light on the switch will illuminate indicating the the water heater is running on electric. That is not the case...you still need 110 power from shorepower or generator for the waterheater to actually heat water.
Jab55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
Wow!, perfect timing Rock. I just received the thermal fuse and the new igniter I ordered from Amazon, installed them, and got the same results. So a new board it is!

Did you order it off Amazon or did you go for the better built one off that dinosaur website?
I know I may be a little late to the party, but I had the exact same issue with my brand new Pinnacle HW Heater last year, and I narrowed it down to a faulty board very quickly. Talked to the dealership and they sent a new board - problem solved. They also noticed these boards tend to have a high failure rate lately.
Northern Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Eagle View Post
I know I may be a little late to the party, but I had the exact same issue with my brand new Pinnacle HW Heater last year, and I narrowed it down to a faulty board very quickly. Talked to the dealership and they sent a new board - problem solved. They also noticed these boards tend to have a high failure rate lately.
I have replaced the igniter and thermo fuse. Same results.

Some one also said T stat might be bad I’ll take a look at that before replacing the board, but I might as well have an extra board.

Not at all ! Thanks for the info. My 2019 Redhawk is out of warranty, so I’m going to order a board. Since we are staying put till December, and it works off of AC&DC, I’m going to get to it when I can, as life gets in the way of doing things.

Thanks again. I welcome any other input, and once I install the new board I will be back to post the results.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab55 View Post
The answer to your 12 volt hot water question....If you turn on water heater with electric rocker switch....the light on the switch will illuminate indicating the the water heater is running on electric. That is not the case...you still need 110 power from shorepower or generator for the waterheater to actually heat water.
A little footnote to that thought...the red rocker switch light bulb burns out, but the electric still functions. In that case, just replace the rocker switch, or don't. My switch light stopped illuminating in the first year, but not replacing it, as I still get hot water.
Northern Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Dino board. Did u jumper the eco stat wires? Keep ur old board as a back at least it works on electric. Ur WH does work on electric! I have replaced Tstats three times for failure. The eco stat will not let either gas or electric light. Not sure about the other. Just pull the leads and jumper both. If still no gas it is the board.
Rock, which wires do I jump out to test the T stat on the HWH? Do I connect each T Stat to the thermo fuse wire?
Old 10-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #28

Pull that resister wire off and jumper those two wires together that are connected to tstat. Like I said the right eco tstat has smaller push on connectors so u do not put wires on wrong one. Just take a piece of wire and stick in the connector. If still no good than pull two wires off the Tstat on the left.
I have the Dino board and the right eco tstat if bad will not let water heater run gas or electric. Now that might be something just the Dino board does. The left tstat I believe is just electric. If u need Dino board also order from Atwood/Dometic a set of tstats. The after market tstats are real junk.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Pull that resister wire off and jumper those two wires together that are connected to tstat. Like I said the right eco tstat has smaller push on connectors so u do not put wires on wrong one. Just take a piece of wire and stick in the connector. If still no good than pull two wires off the Tstat on the left.
I have the Dino board and the right eco tstat if bad will not let water heater run gas or electric. Now that might be something just the Dino board does. The left tstat I believe is just electric. If u need Dino board also order from Atwood/Dometic a set of tstats. The after market tstats are real junk.

So I’m removing the resistor altogether, and connecting the 2 brown, stat wires together? I already have a spaded jumper I use for jumping and testing.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:19 PM   #30

Yup. If that does not fix than do the other two. That eco stat wires are smaller push on connectors.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:20 PM   #31

Make sure u let us know what the outcome is.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:22 PM   #32

Quote:
Yup. If that does not fix than do the other two. That eco stat wires are smaller push on connectors.
Got it thanks.

i wanted to include photos, but For some reason, for the past few months, I can no longer upload photos with my iPhone to the forum. I choose a photo to be attached, hit upload. Then I can’t close the window and have to close the window and start over. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-30-2021, 06:07 AM   #33

I had washed my MH and then the HW heater would not light / stay lit. Took compressed air and blew out the burner and burner tube where the flame fires and all electronics. Then it worked. Maybe just luck, but since it was working before I washed it and not after... what the heck... I'd just try it. That was it.
mprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:54 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprosser View Post
I had washed my MH and then the HW heater would not light / stay lit. Took compressed air and blew out the burner and burner tube where the flame fires and all electronics. Then it worked. Maybe just luck, but since it was working before I washed it and not after... what the heck... I'd just try it. That was it.

Thanks mprosser, mine looked very dry after the wash, and when I get the flame to light, a few times, for those brief few seconds, with a lighter, I’m sure it dried anything that would have been wet.

I’m going to jump out the T stats, when I get the chance, just to eliminate those. I’m ordering a new board, regardless.

No matter what, never let any water spray directly in to ANY vent on your rig!
Old 11-01-2021, 06:28 AM   #35

Quote:

I’m going to try and get to this one day this week. Leaving 12/1 for our holiday visits up north.

Why is there 2 T stats anyway ?
Old 11-01-2021, 06:50 AM   #36

Also, does anyone have the part name/number to order the correct Dino board for my Dometic GC6AA-10E HW heater?
Old 11-01-2021, 08:16 AM   #37

I do not have the Dino number. My extended warranty replaced my last one (two before I did up at my camp). Pretty funny even a dealer used Dino boards. U got two thermostats left one is electric. Right one is gas/electric with the back up resistor to shut everything down. I never checked with a regular board but with the Dino board the eco stat if bad shuts it all down.
I would think if u google ur part number board the Dino replacement will come up. It is a different looking board also.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:47 AM   #38

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8084.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	76799
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8087.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	76800
I had the exact same issue and determined it was the board with the help of this YouTube video. https://youtu.be/IyJWLmlnQ4I

I took my board to the dealer and they also confirmed it had failed.

First pic is my original board.
Second pic shows the back of my original board with a bulge which indicates something was damaged.
Third pic was my replacement board from the dealer with the part number on the box.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8154.jpg  
ToyHusky is offline   Reply With Quote