Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2021, 05:32 PM   #1

Need help with Utility Center

The Utility Center is the device that directs the flow of fresh water by dialing in a combination of numbers (1-3 and 4-6). I'm looking for a diagram if someone has one.

We're in a 2022 Greyhawk, one month old, that has lost the ability to pump water from the tank for the second time. The pump runs but won't prime. It's still under warranty so I can't get into it to deep, but I would rather fix it myself.

When city filling the hose that discharges into the tank becomes the suction hose when using the pump. I figure if there is a suction leak in that line, it should have a leak when it's pressurized for filling and it doesn't. So I'm guessing there's a suction leak somewhere in the water valves inside the Utility Center.

... have tried to pump with tank 2/3 full; and country fill with the small suction hose for drawing antifreeze hand primed and held higher than the pump. It won't draw any water.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #2

I would be looking at the pump connections right at the pump and the screen unit on the side of pump. One of those with an air leak on suction side and it will not prime.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:25 PM   #3

Also check the set screws on the valve handles. Some have been reported to loosen and not move the valves correctly.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:47 PM   #4

My pump input screen became clogged from plastic debris from the drilling of the various holes in the tank, had to clean that out.

Attached is a pdf of how the system works, cant remember where I got this; but thanks to whoever produced it.

I am sure you are on 3-5 for pump use with on board tank.

Also, for your country fill test- make sure you flip the city fill gasket-screen around so to open the backflow valve allowing flowage.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf water-panel-operation.pdf (678.1 KB, 19 views)
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:07 PM   #5

Thank you, posters - all good advice. The pump works fine on the workbench, including self prime, so will reseal all fittings on the suction side tomorrow.

A Shurflo rep said the pump should self prime within 6' of the source. I'm not anywhere near that.
Old 10-01-2021, 05:03 PM   #6

I believe I am certainly more than 6ft from tank to pump.

While things are apart, maybe blow back through the input line from the pump connection back to tank, to ensure no blockage.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #7
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
The Utility Center is the device that directs the flow of fresh water by dialing in a combination of numbers (1-3 and 4-6). I'm looking for a diagram if someone has one.

We're in a 2022 Greyhawk, one month old, that has lost the ability to pump water from the tank for the second time. The pump runs but won't prime. It's still under warranty so I can't get into it to deep, but I would rather fix it myself.

When city filling the hose that discharges into the tank becomes the suction hose when using the pump. I figure if there is a suction leak in that line, it should have a leak when it's pressurized for filling and it doesn't. So I'm guessing there's a suction leak somewhere in the water valves inside the Utility Center.

... have tried to pump with tank 2/3 full; and country fill with the small suction hose for drawing antifreeze hand primed and held higher than the pump. It won't draw any water.

Sorry but I am extremely confused by your explanation. I cannot seem to find it right now but a Google search will turn up several, in detail videos of how to use the system you are talking about. I suggest that you do a search and spend some time going over the videos that you find via Google. Google is your friend when trying to troubleshoot various issues.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:29 AM   #8

RoadrunnerII, you nailed it. It took a couple of days, but was able to determine a suction leak just below the pump supply connection. There is an extension that goes down (past the supply connection) to a drain valve. The PEX connection looked and felt good, but when isolated the pump primed and the fresh water system worked as intended.

PEX connections are as good as any other when there made right. But when they're "almost right" they cause headaches and inappropriate language.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
RoadrunnerII, you nailed it. It took a couple of days, but was able to determine a suction leak just below the pump supply connection. There is an extension that goes down (past the supply connection) to a drain valve. The PEX connection looked and felt good, but when isolated the pump primed and the fresh water system worked as intended.

PEX connections are as good as any other when there made right. But when they're "almost right" they cause headaches and inappropriate language.
Glad you got it fixed!

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote