Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #1

Need info on best booster

We need to have internet and cell phone service when we go camping. My wife works from the home and has to have it. I've read the post but can't seem to find one that does both. Is there a booster on the market that can be used In Areas of low or no service? We have ATT service.

Would appreciate any info of products that work!

Thanks to all

Jim

2007 Jayco Eagle
2012 Ford F-250 Deisel
Jimkuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #2

Need info on best booster

I installed both an internet booster and a wifi booster within a couple days of getting out 377. We are fully digital for work and school so it is a requirement.

I installed a wifi ranger system for the wifi. And a weboost for cell. They integrate nicely and work well. I can get a bit of info together if you would like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
2 Beautiful Redheads, 1 Great Pyrenees, 3 cats (1 is great, 1 is great but hides a lot, and 1 is a crabby old man)
Always looking for new places to take photos.
Mdiwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #3

I would appreciate the information.

Jim K

2007 Jayco Eagle
2012 Ford F-250 Deisel
Jimkuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #4

We use a Verizon Jetpack and a Wilson Sleek (now obsolete and replaced with the new Wilson Weboost). The Sleek is a cradle amplifier. It connects to an exterior antenna (which for best operation needs to be a good exterior antenna).

The Sleek amplifier will take a poor but available signal and make it much stronger. It can not turn no signal into some signal. Many times we have had a poor and really unusable signal turned into a usable and OK signal by the Sleek, but it won't work miracles. There are many parts of the country that just have no signal.

A cradle type amplifier is not really appropriate for a cell phone, as it connects to your internet device with an RF signal that is not healthy to hold to your head. We have used it with our cell phone using the cell phone on speaker, but it's not convenient.

Here's a link to the Wilson amplifiers.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #5

Here is the bare bones quick version...

We purchased the weboost, you have to be fairly close to the broadcast antenna, but I installed everything in the cubbord above the desk in the bunk room so the signal is strong. I also purchased an adapter because the weboost is made to be installed in a vehicle and is 12 volt. I purchased the outdoor antenna and a modified flagpole mount so I have to go on the roof if it is needed. Not ideal, but the antennas have to be spaced apart to not cause interference. The cable length does not allow locating on the ladder as suggested elsewhere and adding length is not good for signal strength.

For the wifi I installed a wifiranger Elite AC pack the antenna zipties to the batwing tv antenna and has to be vertical to work properly. This thing works. I'm not sure it is as well as advertised, but I pick up a friends signal 3 blocks away. It does need line of sight. Trees stop it from getting a signal from the house 3 doors down. As said, it will not get you more bandwidth. In a park you don't borrow bandwidth from others. You will be able to get a signal from further away. Our Verizon mifi plugs in to the USB port on the WIFI Ranger. It can be set up to use external wifi if it is available, cellular if not, or use cell to supplement wifi. It has been a very good system for us/

In our 377 RLBH this was how I did it. Your rig will probably be different. I used Dicor to stick the wires to the roof. I had to remove it from around the bathroom vent, drill a hole next to the vent and feed the wires down one at a time. They were taped to a rod to get them through. You need the hole big enough to get the R45 plug on the wifi end through. If you remove the panel and shelving from the cabinet above the toilet it will drop right down next to the vent pipe. I then had to remove the ladder to the loft and the panel directly behind. Then I very carefully cut a small hole in the wall panel to access behind the almost worthless Furion sound system. Then pass it through the hole already in the divider.The wire can be passed through and reached every step of the way like this. I pulled a string through behind both lines to make it easier for the next/future pull.

The setup on the wifiranger is fairly complex, but instructions are available. Everything works together nicely. The whole setup was fairly expensive, but like you we have to have internet for work and school so it was necessary.

I'm sure this sounds a bit confusing. If I had more photos it would make more sense. Once you begin it will come together.
Attached Thumbnails
20161029_124548.jpg   20161130_161052.jpg  
2 Beautiful Redheads, 1 Great Pyrenees, 3 cats (1 is great, 1 is great but hides a lot, and 1 is a crabby old man)
Always looking for new places to take photos.
Mdiwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdiwade View Post
I installed both an internet booster and a wifi booster within a couple days of getting out 377. We are fully digital for work and school so it is a requirement.

I installed a wifi ranger system for the wifi. And a weboost for cell. They integrate nicely and work well. I can get a bit of info together if you would like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Can you please tell me what you installed?
luisepc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:27 PM   #7

Can you tell me how your weboost is working out? I also have a 377rlbh at a seasonal sight in New Hampshire and my t- mobile service is terrible inside the camper. I have 2 to 3 bars when I'm on the roof. I've read comments in reviews that people had to be within 2 feet of the inside antenna to see a difference in signal which in my mind defeats the purpose of installing the booster. Appreciate any info/ advice.
dbvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:31 PM   #8

Read this post in its entirety. It answers all of your questions including links to specific products.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ess-77061.html
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote