Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #1

New A/C unit recommendations

My 2007 Greyhawk has the original Carrier AirV unit on it, and today when exercising the generator, i put on the AC to make sure all is well, for our upcoming sept trip to florida. Well..... It wasnt all well! Sounded like there was a stick caught in the squirrel cage fan, i went up top, took everything apart and there was nothing in either fan... So i started it up again with the shrouds off to see what and where the noise was coming from... And it is either the motor itself, or the compressor... Well, i know they no longer make this unit, and i will be having a new unit put in place with the adaptor so i can continue to use my remote. Question is what replacement unit do you guys recommend? All i know is that it has to be 15,000 BTU's and work with ducting, and the carrier remote control unit
Old 07-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #2

I prefer the Coleman Mach 15 units. Tried and true with very little design change over the years. Too many issues with the newer dometics (I had 3) plus the crappy 3 wire hook up thermostat they use on the single zone, which prevents modifications .

I can't answer about the carrier remote, unless you're referring to the t-stat.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote