Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2016, 10:36 AM   #1

New RV "PDI (Pre-delivery Inspection) Checklist with bullets.

I took some time to improve on the already great PDI Checklist that Bluestreak put together. I formed it into bulleted categories and used check boxes to make it a little easier to follow.

I just took delivery this past weekend and used it. It was a pretty smooth process using this copy.

I added a couple screen shots so you can see what it looks like before you download the complete form, which is a total of 11 pages including the facer page.

I hope people can get some good use out of it!

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 11.28.24 AM.png   Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 11.27.54 AM.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV_PDI-3.pdf (128.3 KB, 252 views)
Old 06-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #2

Thank you so much. This document is great and gives me peace of mind to know I have a checklist!
greenfield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Good Job making it user friendly.

A dealer should have already checked out everything before you get there. The PDI is for the owner to see that all is good. If the dealer knows that it will not be a completed deal if it is not right can go a long way towards changing the many complaints on new units.

If they try to hurry you don't stand for it.

Anyone who accepts a new unit without having the dealer conduct a PDI in their presence is partly responsible for any problems IMO.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind View Post
I took some time to improve on the already great PDI Checklist that Bluestreak put together. I formed it into bulleted categories and used check boxes to make it a little easier to follow.

I just took delivery this past weekend and used it. It was a pretty smooth process using this copy.

I added a couple screen shots so you can see what it looks like before you download the complete form, which is a total of 11 pages including the facer page.

I hope people can get some good use out of it!

Enjoy!
Thank you Thank you !

My wife and I intend to drive the dealer crazy with your list, when we do the PDI on our 2017 precept 31ul when it arrives.

(when they roll their eyes at me, I intend to blame the whole thing on you)
FlaBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:00 PM   #5

Dealer to factory PDI

This is really good information and I will be using it next week. Daunting and nervous task ahead for us. In a rv class a year ago the RV Doctor recommended that anyone buying a new rv should first get a copy of the dealers PDI (and as received from the manufacturer) first. Do you agree or is this normal?
Coalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #6

If I was buying anytime soon I would send this to the salesman ahead of time letting them know this will be my PDI checklist so they better go over the list before I get there or I will be leaving without a new TT.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:18 PM   #7

Question New to it all.

We are in the process of buying a used. (2500 miles) 2016 precept 35 up. We have never owned a Motor-Home. A bit nervous but really excited. Will be using it to drive from New Jersey to Naples fl a few times a year. Also love blue grass festivals and just road trips in general. We have a 3 year old English bulldog-Toby. Any tips or advice? And I have never been on a chat before --we just retired. In our early 60's.
Tobyravioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobyravioli View Post
We are in the process of buying a used. (2500 miles) 2016 precept 35 up. We have never owned a Motor-Home. A bit nervous but really excited. Will be using it to drive from New Jersey to Naples fl a few times a year. Also love blue grass festivals and just road trips in general. We have a 3 year old English bulldog-Toby. Any tips or advice? And I have never been on a chat before --we just retired. In our early 60's.
Since this is all new to you do use this PDI list, even though its geared to a new unit it will also help you to check everything over in a used unit. Are you buying from a dealer or private.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:36 PM   #9

This document is great thanks rip
itsrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #10

Buying preowned precept 35up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Since this is all new to you do use this PDI list, even though its geared to a new unit it will also help you to check everything over in a used unit. Are you buying from a dealer or private.
Thank you for the list. It is definitely a help to have something to follow. We are purchasing from a dealer. jayco does not allow the warranty to be transferred so we want want to be sure we check everything possible.
Tobyravioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:37 AM   #11

PDI-Yesterday

After our PDI yesterday-which took us 5 HOURS!!! we took possession of our NEW 2018 NP 381 DLQS. Happy with the changes from 2017 except they removed the extra storage space outside under the bathroom slide. Hubby was not happy, this was going to be his tool box storage area.
We spent the remaining day transferring everything from our trade-in into the new camper. So, 14 hours later we finally left the Dealership!!!! And we were the last to leave, since all had gone home.
Exhausting day to say the least. Now today taking the camper to the campground to ORGANIZE it all (We had basically put everything in any space for transporting home)
Did find the kitchen storage is limited, as least for all my things because the majority of storage is drawers rather than cabinets. The one cabinet in the kitchen barely fits dishes and its not full size opening but divided in the middle which makes it hard to get items in & out. I had already filled the Pantry area up fast with items. Definitely have to re-think where things will go.
But, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Sending pix after I get things put away.
FireBC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspection, pdi, pre-delivery