Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2023, 06:54 PM   #1

New slide out issue

Just purchased a new 2022 North Point. 310RLTS .pulled it home in -25 c no problem. Parked in the driveway. Sat till it warmed up enough to lower the gear and level it popped out the bedroom and living room slide went to slide the kitchen and only one side moved. Checked the controller says stop hasn’t been set. Tried cutting power to the slide motors and still can’t get it to budge .
Plenty warm out. Was working at the dealer. At least it was out when we picked it up. Any suggestions? Hate to haul it 270 km back to the dealer for it to work
Like it’s supposed to till I’m home again
Mitchell1425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:55 AM   #2

Was it leveled at the dealer? Maybe when level something is biding. Not sure which kind of slide you have(slim rack or schwintek)but either way it should have two motors. Make sure both are connected. Both mechanically and the electrical connections. You’ll probably have to manually with help push it out part way to do this. My guess is something came loose in transit.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:32 PM   #3

I had a similar issue with our last trailer. (Open Range) It had schwintek slides and the bedroom worked when we left home but only one side would work when we reached the campground. I called the dealer and spoke with a service tech and he told me to push the button to come "in" just until it made a noise and then quickly push it "out". It would move about 6 inches then the bad motor side would stop again. After doing this many many times, i was able to get the slide all the way out. Once it was out, i started looking into the real issue and found the wires going to the bad motor side had gotten in the way of the gears and track. It had been run over and broke one of them. I spliced it back together and tucked them up out of the way so it wouldn't happen again. Never had any further issues with it. I also needed to sync the motors together and found the control module for the slide out. It had directions on it to reset the motors. If i remember right, i had to push a switch 7 times? It's been awhile so i don't remember for sure but i do remember there was directions on the module itself that told me how many times to push the button and hold on the last press for 3 seconds or so. Don't know if this is what is wrong with yours but this might give you a place to start looking for the cause. Good luck

Larry Simpson
L&LSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:41 PM   #4

If this is a Schwintek slide most often its a harness / wiring issue. Many times the motor will spin and pull harness out of connectors or break wires all together. Check the top of the side that doesn't move and see if you can identify any wiring issues. The controller will also self diagnose the problem by flashing an error code.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 01:26 PM   #5

Almost a Schwintek motor problem but got lucky. I had spent several days in a state park campground with one day of steady rain. The following day I pulled in the slides and left to drive to my daughter's house where I had to park overnight in a parking lot, not to stay in it but just to park. The following morning I went to the MH to put out the slides to check how wet the top of the slides were.
As I started to pull in the passenger side bedroom slide it stopped moving after about 6 inches. Further efforts resulted in only the rear motor operating. I kept jockeying back and forth and could not get the forward slide motor to operate. I walked back over to my daughter's house and called 2 mobile RV techs and left voicemail messages and never did get a response (this was on a Saturday). I went on YouTube to try and figure out how to get the slide in manually and possibly try a couple other things.
Walked back to the MH and as I was focused on the motor up above I shined a flashlight into the narrow opening and looked down to the floor and saw a connector on the end of a 4-wire harness just laying there on the floor. Upon further inspection the female end of the connector was tight up against the wall and barely visible. I could only reach my left arm into the opening and grabbed the male connector and was able to reconnect it to the female end.
I tried to pull the slide in but now only the forward motor would operate while the rear would not. I then was able to put the slide all the way out with both motors operating, held the button to synch the motors and then held my breath as I hit the "IN" button. The slide operated normally as it came all the way in. Whew, I dodged a bullet.
It appears that the wiring harness had gotten caught on the floor of the slide out and pulled apart at the connector. I will need to look at it closer when I have a chance to see if there is something I can do to secure the wiring to make sure it doesn't happen again.