Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #1

No satellite signal help....

I have an Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS with 3 outside ports. Sat, Cable, Sat/Aux on side of camper. Pathway x2 in Sat or Sat/Aux to wally receiver produces no signal. Coax direct to wally works fine. I have tried
with Antenna booster off with same result. Took off low point drain cover and wires are connected at outside location. Does anyone know if there are splitters inside? At entertainment center, there is a plate with Sat above Antenna connection. At a loss and not to tech savvy.
Jaycoht18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #2

You can request the cable/satellite, wiring and plumbing schematics from Jayco on line, just have your serial number ready. It shows the complete system with all the splitters. If you remove the cover plate that the tv is connected to there are usually splitters behind it and the ports are labelled as to cable, satellite, in & out.
With mine I learned from that schematics that the cable and satellite aren’t connected but by moving the cable wire to the bedroom from cable to satellite , behind the receptacle plate with a splitter I got it done.
We have Bell satellite and if I can’t get a signal I go through the menu to get to the installation and signal level display and do a check switch and that usually solves the problem. I don’t understand why but that is what the tech people get you to do when you call because you can’t get a signal.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:42 PM   #3

All 3 of the Jaycos that I owned the tv would not work with the Winegard hooked to the sat/aux on the outside of the trailer. What I did was drill a hole thru the camper, installed a connector and on the inside added a 18 inch piece of RG-6 cable that will screw on the receiver. when I got the new 27 RL I called around and talked to 6 different rv repair places and was told that the winegard, tailgater will not work on a Jayco cause the splitters will not let 12 volts thru. 12 volts is what is needed to make the insides turn to find that satalites. After I drilled the hole and attached the cable everything works like it is supposed to.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:13 PM   #4

Our receiver in the 5er is standard definition so I didn't think of the splitter requiring the voltage passing through. I did however have that issue in our high def receiver in the house and solved it by replacing the splitter with one that allows the voltage thru.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #5

Help

May I ask which splitter did you use that would allow the voltage to pass?
J Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycoht18 View Post
I have an Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS with 3 outside ports. Sat, Cable, Sat/Aux on side of camper. Pathway x2 in Sat or Sat/Aux to wally receiver produces no signal. Coax direct to wally works fine. I have tried
with Antenna booster off with same result. Took off low point drain cover and wires are connected at outside location. Does anyone know if there are splitters inside? At entertainment center, there is a plate with Sat above Antenna connection. At a loss and not to tech savvy.
The antenna booster has no effect on the Sat signal. Try taking the plate in the entertainment center off and check the connections on back of the plate. Mine were loose causing intermittent signal lose.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:18 AM   #7

Here is a simple mod to use your park cable for satellite.
http://www.tv4rv.com/wiring.pdf
Parrott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nylon