Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #11

Russell, I see that your TV has two way power. I don't think I have seen that before. I can see why you might think a cable may not be needed. Does the instructions tell you how much of a draw on the battery the tv would use?

Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #12

In my Jayco Eagle Super Lite 5th wheel I don't see a booster for the over the air antenna. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

RedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
Russell, I see that your TV has two way power. I don't think I have seen that before. I can see why you might think a cable may not be needed. Does the instructions tell you how much of a draw on the battery the tv would use?
The box says Max 25W

...And an update on reception...
Now that I plugged the darn coax in I get good reception. Analog channels are poor, I don't get them very often but the digital ones are fantastic... the picture quality is amazing.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
In my Jayco Eagle Super Lite 5th wheel I don't see a booster for the over the air antenna. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
If your's is like mine, the booster is turned on by pushing a little black button near where the antenna cable for the TV is attached; there should be a small green led light that is on when the booster is on.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #15

Here is perhaps a little help .... Go to www.antennaweb.com on the internet, put in the address of the campground locatons (you don't have to be exact) it will tell you the local channels, the distance and the compas heading for the transmitters... If you don't have the interneet on the road or a smart phone you could always do it before you leave for a specific location your headed ... it's a great tool..

We just purchased a 2013 26RKS and hope to get it in 6 weeks.. I'm sure I will make some of the same mistakes as we start out.. but hopefully my tip on Antennaweb.com might be of some help down the road..

And on that note.. rather than gooing for the technology package I am going to pick up a 26" TV for the Bedroom and either a 26 or larger for the front room... lots of choices .. now the fun begins as we ready for our unit to get here... By the Way, we are in Tennessee
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #16

Not sure if you got your problem resolved but I was having the same issue and I did have the booster on. So I statred checking connections. Of course it was the last one I checked. I pulled the booster out of the wall and found a loose connection on the back plate of the booster. Scanned in 15 channels here in the middle of no where...lol
Old 07-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post
Here is perhaps a little help .... Go to www.antennaweb.com on the internet, put in the address of the campground locatons (you don't have to be exact) it will tell you the local channels, the distance and the compas heading for the transmitters... If you don't have the interneet on the road or a smart phone you could always do it before you leave for a specific location your headed ... it's a great tool..

We just purchased a 2013 26RKS and hope to get it in 6 weeks.. I'm sure I will make some of the same mistakes as we start out.. but hopefully my tip on Antennaweb.com might be of some help down the road..

And on that note.. rather than gooing for the technology package I am going to pick up a 26" TV for the Bedroom and either a 26 or larger for the front room... lots of choices .. now the fun begins as we ready for our unit to get here... By the Way, we are in Tennessee
Actually i believe the site you are referring to is http://antennaweb.org/