Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2020, 06:39 AM   #1

no water at the fridge and drinking water spigot?

Hello friends,
I’ve been working on learning the systems on my new North Point and have a question about the water supply line to the residential fridge, and the drinking water spigot on the counter. I’m fairly certain this line supplies both outputs.

I’m not getting any pressure to this line whatsoever and have no idea why. All other faucets in the unit work as they should and there are no leaks.
I’ve hooked up the city water and put water in the FW tank to pressurize the plumbing both ways without success.

I’m aware of the shutoff valve for the fridge which is under and behind the oven and opening this has no affect.

I’m also ware of the bypass valve under the sink which allows the house cold water line to supply the spigot instead of using the pump and bottle in the basement.

Interestingly, there is a CW drain valve under the left side of the coach in front of the axles which drains the line that supplies the fridge and there is no pressure there either. Tracking this line back to the wet bay to investigate would include dropping the chloroplast under the coach which I may do next.

What is even more frustrating is that there was antifreeze in this line, and the line going to the spigot, so I know there is a way to turn this on somewhere. I’ve located no other valve behind the wet bay area, or anywhere else in the coach.

I would appreciate any wisdom offered which would help me solve this puzzle. Surely someone has had this question as well.

Thanks in advance.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
2018 GMC Denali HD CC SRW Duramax L5P
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Zs387RDFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:10 AM   #2

Mine has never worked and we’re ok with it as were not full time. Our water line came kinked from factory where it folds under the slide. Mine is a whitish color waterline sort of line a water hose. Mine is easy to see the kink and take a look and bet you will find the same. The water line folds with the power cables for slide extension
Good luck
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:09 AM   #3

The drinking water is on a separate pump and requires the 5 GAL water tanks. In my NP the pump is in the island. I am only pointing this out because you mentioned the city water and fresh water pump, both of which will do nothing for the drinking water.
peoples1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:10 AM   #4

Thanks JayBees for the help, but this isn't the issue here. I've looked at this under the slide.

I've seen a thread here that talks about a second supply valve behind a panel in the island where the plumbing goes into the floor, but the suspect line clearly disappears into the floor and takes a 90 deg turn toward the fridge.

There has to be another valve somewhere.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Old 05-28-2020, 08:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoples1234 View Post
The drinking water is on a separate pump and requires the 5 GAL water tanks. In my NP the pump is in the island. I am only point this out because you mentioned the city water and fresh water pump, both of which will do nothing for the drinking water.
Why will the pump not supply the drinking water?

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:13 AM   #6

Quote:
The drinking water is on a separate pump and requires the 5 GAL water tanks. In my NP the pump is in the island. I am only point this out because you mentioned the city water and fresh water pump, both of which will do nothing for the drinking water.

Thanks, but not totally correct.
There is a valve under the sink on the small white water line between the pump and the spigot to chose the supply between the pump (water bottle) and the city water line. Nice option I think.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Old 05-28-2020, 08:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zs387RDFS View Post
There is a valve under the sink on the small white water line between the pump and the spigot to chose the supply between the pump (water bottle) and the city water line. Nice option I think.
Pull out the draw below the oven next to the fridge and look in the back. There's a water valve there also that feeds the fridge.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zs387RDFS View Post
Are you sure? I do not have any such valve on my 377RLBH (that I know of) and I can't find any place in which the two systems combine. I do have a valve under the sink, but it only kills the water going to the refrigerator.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Are you sure? I do not have any such valve on my 377RLBH (that I know of) and I can't find any place in which the two systems combine. I do have a valve under the sink, but it only kills the water going to the refrigerator.

Very sure.
I took a pic. Sideways - sorry.

You can see the blue supply line terminating at the valve that can be turned on to supply city water to the output side of the pump which is T'd to the spigot.

Now - it's even more interesting that this blue line goes into the floor and directly to the fridge in the slide. If it were to have pressure, it would need to be T'd into another line, but there is no evidence of that above the chloroplast. Yes - I took it down to look.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0774[1].jpg  

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Old 05-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Pull out the draw below the oven next to the fridge and look in the back. There's a water valve there also that feeds the fridge.

yup - here it is. No pressure.

The 1/2" flexible line goes under the slide - through the folding mechanism with the electrical - through the frame and is joined to the same blue line that goes into the island.

It almost seems like its an isolated line for some reason, but I know there was antifreeze in it when I opened the low point drain valve.

Frustrated...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0775[1].jpg  

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Old 05-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #11

I have the same valve (in a slightly different place). That valve is after the pump and supplies the fridge in the slide. Coming off the pump, you have a tee...one output goes to the drinking water faucet on the sink, the other goes to the shutoff valve you see and then to the fridge. On my NP, that value was leaking from the factory and made a huge mess. I believe they started to use PEX pipe for the very reason someone else mentioned (the white line kinks easily) going to the slide.

I still have no evidence that the two systems combine...and it isn't clear to me from any of the literature available that they do. Additionally, my dealer didn't know anything about it (but they didn't know much about the drinking water system, so I don't put much faith in that). You seem very convinced that they do, so I am curious how you came to that conclusion (I fully admit that I am not an expert on this, so this is a request for knowledge not me being difficult).
Old 05-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #12

Quote:
I have the same valve (in a slightly different place). That valve is after the pump and supplies the fridge in the slide. Coming off the pump, you have a tee...one output goes to the drinking water faucet on the sink, the other goes to the shutoff valve you see and then to the fridge. On my NP, that value was leaking from the factory and made a huge mess. I believe they started to use PEX pipe for the very reason someone else mentioned (the white line kinks easily) going to the slide.

I still have no evidence that the two systems combine...and it isn't clear to me from any of the literature available that they do. Additionally, my dealer didn't know anything about it (but they didn't know much about the drinking water system, so I don't put much faith in that). You seem very convinced that they do, so I am curious how you came to that conclusion (I fully admit that I am not an expert on this, so this is a request for knowledge not me being difficult).

I think you have just solved the conundrum!
I'm assuming that because the 1/2" blue line is used to supply these fixtures (spigot and fridge) it comes from the 'house' city supply, but BOTH are supplied by the pump and jug! It is an isolated system.

I'll put some water in the jug and give this a try, but I think this is the answer.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Old 05-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #13

So we just bought a new 2020 NP 321 FW and figured this out to get it to work:
1) there is a 1/4 turn in line valve that needs to be open This was located behind the drawer under our stove. It is a white line that is about 3/8” in diameter or so.
2) make sure there is water in the 5 gal jug underneath
3) under the island, there is a switch for the pump to the island water spigot. Turn that on.
4) open the water spigot in the sink and let it run to prime the pump and get true air out of the line.
5) if you camper was winterized, run water through the fridge water dispenser and water spigot to get the lines flushed.

This is what we did to get the fridge water and ice maker working as well as the island water spigot.
sarafed613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 06:47 AM   #14

Thanks all for chiming in on this.

The drinking water system design was a mystery to me, but I did confirm that the fridge water and drinking water spigot plumbing is a closed system with the source at the jug in the basement.

I'm underwhelmed by the performance of the on-demand pump in the island as it is noisy and doesn't provide much flow. I can imagine that if the ice maker demands water in the middle of the night, the noisy pump will certainly wake us up.

So...I plan to T into the house cold water line for the kitchen faucet, and connect to the output side of the pump line with a valve. This way I can choose which water source I want to use. Both are right next to each other in the island, so should be simple.
This will also make winterizing the fridge and spigot much easier because I typically use compressed air.

Thanks again everyone.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
Curt A20
Airlift 5000