Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #1

Norcold fridge not cold / freezer is fine

Looking for help with a 2017 norcold fridge freezer in my class c Greyhawk recently started performing poorly. Weather on propane or A/C the fridge does not cool adequately even when on the coldest setting. It use to freeze coke cans if set too cold. However the freezer is perfectly cool. We use the unit almost weekly and the thought of a trip to the service department right now is not in the cards.
Spanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #2

Check the thermistor might need replaced.Any ammonia smell? make sure there isnt any ice on the top right hand side of the fins in the refrigerator. The box gets cooler the higher and more to the right the thermistor is on the fridge fins, but will malfunction if ice is present in that area. add a fridge fan inside the fridge and a little one in the burner compartment pointing up to help remove heat. make sure the ice in the freezer is not over a 1/4 in thick on the back or top if so defrost. I have a 1210 norcold and thats what i have had to deal with. ohh and a new cooling unit the OEM died and replaced 3 years ago with a arcticold replacement unit. I full time and know your pain and wish i had a residential unit .
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:59 AM   #3

thanks for the reply, every thing seems good. Thermister looks ok, it is nowhere near cold enough in there to form ice. The fins are just wet. The manual says to unplug the thermister and it will put it in back up mode, I did that and it didn't really improve anything. Ill add a fan and see what happens. To get thought the weekend we put a bag of ice in the bottom drawer and that helped bring the temp down a lot. I made an appointment to take it in for service.
Spanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote