Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #1

Pathway X2 Setup

I looking a buying a Winegard Pathway X2 for my fifth wheel. Is the setup easy as I think it will be? Basically plug and play using the external cable connection. Or, I be on the phone with Dish, Jayco, and Camping World all day?

On my previous motorhome, I had to run the cable directly from the satellite dish to the Wally and then to the TV. Could not use the external cable connection. Hoping to avoid a direct connection through an open window.

Any help appreciated.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:36 PM   #2

ALL [ 3] Three of the Jayco's that I have had would not let me run our winegard through the trailer to the tv. I had to run the cable from the winegard to the receiver directly then from the receiver to the tv. Works great. The winegard needs power to rotate the antenna inside and the trailer wiring won't let it power thru it.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
dee

I just did this with my 2017 bhbe and new x2. It worked by using the external sat/cable inlet. At the tv, I had the jumper connection that I disconnected and just ran to the Wally receiver. There is text to on the connection plate under the tv. Been testing today in preparation for our trip from Texas to New York. All it took was a call to dish, about 15 minutes to go through everything.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcany View Post
ALL [ 3] Three of the Jayco's that I have had would not let me run our winegard through the trailer to the tv. I had to run the cable from the winegard to the receiver directly then from the receiver to the tv. Works great. The winegard needs power to rotate the antenna inside and the trailer wiring won't let it power thru it.

Since you could not use the existing cables, how did you get the cable out of the RV to the satellite?
Old 06-30-2019, 08:53 AM   #5

On our 2018 RSTS hooking up the Pathway X2 was as simple as connecting it to the satellite input connection provided on the trailer. The setup works great for the living area television.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie79 View Post
Since you could not use the existing cables, how did you get the cable out of the RV to the satellite?
Got me a outside box with a connector, get them at any rv store, drilled a hole in side of trailer and installed the box.. Ok now hook up a rg-6 cable from wingard to connector, another rg-6 cable from connector to receiver, then hdmi cable from receiver to tv. When putting box on outside put dicor around it make it waterproof. I called 6 different rv shops around Az and asked them why doesn't the winegard work on our trailers was told that the winegard needs 12 volt to make the inside move to get the satalites. Now before anybody ask me, I did every connection that I could do with the winegard, using the jumper disconnecting this cable, installing this cable and nothing worked. Was also told that the splitters have something to do the winegard not getting power. I also have friends that have Jayco's and they could not get a Tailgater or winegard to work. Once they did it my way they had television.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote