Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #1

Pinnacle 2012. Norcold refrigerator

Does anyone have any theories why I keep needing to hard reset my frig? I am curious to know if power outages that are only small that trip like the Clocks reset could affect the control panel system and cause it to quit cooling? Both times we have had to hard reset our fridge and starts up and works beautifully. Sometimes the minute outages can be three times in one day usually at least once a day hear. We do have a surge protector on our unit. Does anyone else have problem or a theory on why it keeps doing this
Cgillen10634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #2

Just curious: how do you "hard reset" it? Our new trailer has a Norcold in it, and I'm not familiar with how it works compared to our old tiny Dometic.
Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:47 AM   #3

Hard reset

My husband goes outside takes off lower panel. If you look to the left is the plug for the refrigerator and then he takes off the red wire to stop the 12 volt. That stops all electricity to the unit. Keep it off for a few minutes then hooks everything back up. The trick is disconnecting the 12 volt because the control panel is connected to that in case of outage to change to LP if it needs to. So if you don’t disconnect that it will not hard reset. Just a note I am told norcold units rarely mess up I was glad to hear that from a repair man lol.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:58 AM   #4

My concern is that the control panel does not show any error so the reason it shuts down is unknown. It’s like it is stuck in defrost. We have gone through every screen on the control panel that tells you what is operating, if temps are correct, and problems with current or LP Problems. All we know is if you turn everything off and do a hard reset it starts working again. That is why I though maybe all these outages here trip something in the electronic control panel that messes up. Wondered if anyone else has experienced this. And it runs great otherwise