Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #1

Plumbing Issue

I have a Class C Jayco Redhawk 26xD. I am trying to sanitize the fresh water tank but the pump will not draw the solution from a bucket. It takes very little of the solution and then stops. I followed the Utility Center instructions in the manual, but can't get the solution pumped into the fresh water tanks.
normans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #2

If you are using the winterizing tube that is connected to the inlet side of the pump you will not be able to get your solution into the tanks. The pump is pulling the solution into your waterlines and once the pump reaches the pressure setting it will stop. The pump is supposed to pull water from the tanks not push it to the tanks.

You will need to pour the solution into the tank fill port on the side of your RV.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #3

If you leave the faucets open the pump will continue to pump.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by us71na View Post
If you are using the winterizing tube that is connected to the inlet side of the pump you will not be able to get your solution into the tanks. The pump is pulling the solution into your waterlines and once the pump reaches the pressure setting it will stop. The pump is supposed to pull water from the tanks not push it to the tanks.

You will need to pour the solution into the tank fill port on the side of your RV.
Not sure if I am following you. In the sanitize or country fill positions it sucks water /solution from a source connected to the inlet and fills the tank. Once the solution/water is in the tank you switch the valves to normal and then distribute to the lines and the fixtures. This is how it works on a 2016 Melbourne yours may be different. This is my first camper so I don’t have experience with others.

You could try and lift the container you are sucking from above the inlet as it is pumping.

Edit. I think what you are describing is when the settings are set to winterize.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:52 AM   #5

Flip the hose inlet screen around(cone pointing in)so it opens the check valve just be sure to flip it back when done. The pump can't always overcome the spring tension on the check valve.