Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2021, 06:58 PM   #1

Plumbing issue

We have a 2019 white hawk and this morning we had no water when my husband came home from work there was water every where and water in a empty sink not sure what happened any ideas
Big bird brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bird brooks View Post
We have a 2019 white hawk and this morning we had no water when my husband came home from work there was water every where and water in a empty sink not sure what happened any ideas
It's hard to answer without making some assumptions. If your water pump switch was "on", and the faucet failed it would pump water until the tank was empty. I have never heard of a faucet valve failing. Also for that to cause flooding, the sink drain would have to be plugged or the water would have gone into your gray tank.

If you didn't mention the sink I would assume a water supply line broke. I would look for that next if it's not the faucet.

Before you dry out (and you should do that soon), put some water in the tank, turn the pump on, and check for a leak.

Also assuming no city connection or water would still be running when you found it. I have never had to deal with flooding, but I would search this forum and the internet for recovery information.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #3

He used a wet dry vac and sucked up the water. Using fans to dry out the rest. Opened the belly and turned the water back on ( he is hooked up.to city water ) and didn't see any where the water was coming out. We think it was the fact that when he turned the kitchen faucet on he forgot to turn it off and over filled the grey tank. Question would you leave the black and grey tank open when permanently in a spot and hook to cut water and sewer?
Thank you for your response.
Big bird brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #4

You can leave the grey open. Just use plenty of water when using the black plus you can close the grey to build up water to flush out the black when needed.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
You can leave the grey open. Just use plenty of water when using the black plus you can close the grey to build up water to flush out the black when needed.
... agreeing with Parrot. The black tank should never be completely empty unless you have just finished dumping. When finished, add a gallon of water and any additives so it's ready for the next use.

You will avoid buildup if you don't dump the black tank until it's about 2/3 full, or when you're leaving a site.

Edit: A good habit to have is turn off any water supply (valve if on city, or pump switch if not) before you leave.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote