Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2014, 05:24 AM   #1

Pressure washer?

I am looking for what looks like a rubber pressure washer. It goes between the copper water inlet and the internal fresh water connector.

I have been to several Camping worlds and RV parts place and no one has seen one. Even the service/parts place at my local Jayco dealer has not seen one.

I sent an email into Jayco about the part, but nothing back yet.

Anyone seen these?

https://plus.google.com/photos/11220...47395189877825

Thanks,
krsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:43 AM   #2

Does the water inlet in your picture connect to your trailer's pex lines with a fitting that looks like this and does the washer you are looking for fit into the end of that fitting?
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #3

Try a Plumbing store

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Does the water inlet in your picture connect to your trailer's pex lines with a fitting that looks like this and does the washer you are looking for fit into the end of that fitting?
Yes, water started leaking at that connection. I unscrewed the fitting and the yellow washer was on the copper male connection. Not sure on which side it is suppose to fit on.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmooney View Post
Try a Plumbing store
Have tried ACE and Lowes. Will have to try a plumbing store.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #6

Thinking that is probably part of the inlet assembly and thinking you'll probably have to go back to the inlet manufacture to get a replacement.

Are there any identifying stamps on the inlet flange as to manufacture or part #?

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #7

What I am thinking...Jayco only shows the whole assembly as a part. So, assuming washer is part of the assembly.

The picture I took of the assembly was at a RV part place, but there was no washer with it.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #8

The washer, I believe, inserts into the end of the swivel adapter that connects to the inlet. The washer is a part of the swivel adapter and is sold with the adapter; and may also be available separately. You would need a washer for an adapter to 1/2 inch pipe threads - like attaches to the bottom end of a faucet.

Does the washer look deformed or dented? If not, since the washer was stuck to the pipe threads on the end of the water inlet, there is a chance that either the washer was never in place properly, or the adapter was not tight enough or the inlet adapter is defective in some way. I'd try just replacing the washer - the flat part goes in first into the adapter; just push it into place. Then re-tighten the adapter onto the inlet. By the way, are you sure that the leak is coming from the adapter/pipe thread connection, and not the connection of the pex pipe to the adapter?
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:03 AM   #9

When I first took it apart, yes it was deformed. I was able to straighten it out some and was able to stop the leaking. Then I took it out to take pictures/find replacement and then could not stop it from dripping. I think I finally put it in backwards and let it "scrunch" up and it quit dripping...so far.

Jayco parts contacted me yesterday and I sent them a picture of the washer. Hopefully will hear more form them today.