Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvorbust View Post
So you have the lithium’s and the FLA battery tied together?
Only when the switch is "on". I only keep the switch "on" when I want some amps out of the alternator to charge the lithiums.
supereri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:41 PM   #22

Nice setup, I'm running something similar under the bench of my dining area.

I got these vents at Home Depot, super cheap and effective.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/16-in-x-...4212/300108813

You should add the Micro-Air EasyStart soft starter to your AC if you're going to run AC from the batteries. The Battleborn's and Victron will handle it, but they recommend the Micro-Air as the AC surge is hard on the electrics.

Cheers!
SmackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:17 PM   #23

Very nice install. Is yours just passively vented into the RV? Have you found this to be enough?

I've seen the easystart from the Wynn's videos. I've only run the AC as a test, but that's a good idea. Thanks for the reminder.

Those vents look great. I wish I had thought to look at HD for something similar.

I ended up buying some of the 4in round vents to match the rest of the vents.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ended up buying a USB fan controller and fans to assist with the venting.

I just added 300w of solar. I have 3x 100W Rich solar panels installed and another 300W waiting to go on, and a future plan for 900w total. I used the Victron Smartsolar 150/70. Wired the panels in series to keep the voltage up to minimize wire loss.

The 3x 100w panels were generating over 20amps. I'm so jazzed at the results.

I still have some cleanup work to go. I need to put the wire runs in sleeves under the coach. I also need to add some grommets where the wires enter the circuit breaker. I also still need to figure out how to take the original coach battery out of the mix. It's not the biggest deal, but it would make battery management easier.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #24

I'm venting into the RV.

I camp in the Sierras, mostly above 5000 feet so it's rarely that hot. I've thought about adding fans if we ever camp in really warm places. If things get really hot, I can pull the seat up in 5 seconds. I have 300W of solar now and will probably add another 300W this year. 300Ah of Battleborn's with 300W of solar gets us through long weekend trips without ever thinking about power.

The Victron system is awesome. I've got the Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 behind the control panel.
SmackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #25

As a follow up. I've added another 300w of solar for a total of 600w. I have two parallel sets of three series panels. I wanted the voltage high and the amerage low to minimize wire loss.

Sitting on the beach in San Diego I've seen a peak of 604 watts putting about 43.3 amps back into the batteries. I'm debating another 300w for a total of 900w, but not sure I need it.

This screenshot shows some cloudiness, but overall I'm completely happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20190725-122355.jpg  
Old 11-28-2019, 04:10 PM   #26

Looks like you have a great, well designed system installed. I'm starting to do similar. I now have a 400ah Lifepo4 battery, 1800w Xantrex inverter (as a drop in replacement to the OEM 1000w unit), already have 320w total from two 24w solar panels and a 40A mppt charge controller.

I'm in the process of looking at my wiress from the original batteries and the PD4060k converter/charger that is installed to figure it what I need to do to move all wires to the new battery location under the bed and can this Progressive Dynamics unit be kept to manual mode or do I need to replace it? Now you've also brought up great issues under the bed, which I wondered about. I think I'll also use temp-controlled fans to exhaust warm air out from under the bed.

Has anyone tried this tire of upgrade with a Jayco Class A?