Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #11

My GE residential fridge didn't come with any type of latch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #12

Bluejay40
I have EXACTLY the same issue in my 330RSTS fridge and the same dent in the door.....first time I thought maybe we had failed to lock it and had the dent repaired using paintless dent repair...got about 90-95% of the dent out. Next trip, double checking the latch the door came open again and again dented the door. Can jiggle the door and the latch will come open. How did you come out with the dealer and getting it covered under warranty?

rwshelburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwshelburne View Post
Bluejay40
I have EXACTLY the same issue in my 330RSTS fridge and the same dent in the door.....first time I thought maybe we had failed to lock it and had the dent repaired using paintless dent repair...got about 90-95% of the dent out. Next trip, double checking the latch the door came open again and again dented the door. Can jiggle the door and the latch will come open. How did you come out with the dealer and getting it covered under warranty?
Actually, we have dents in both doors. The freezer door was dented upon delivery so that one was approved for replacement right away. When I reported the refrigerator side door dented because of the latch, the service tech at our dealership gave me that "I don't think they are going to approve this" look. It wasn't until I actually demonstrated how the latch will literally unhook itself by jiggling the door a few times, did he change that "look". He took a video of it and submitted it to Jayco. They are now going to replace both doors under warranty. Supposedly, they were ordered back in April when I took it in for work, but I suspect they forgot to order them because they just asked me for the make/model number AGAIN after 3 months have passed. But anyway, I was told they are going to replace both doors under warranty.

But going forward, I will never be able to trust that latch again and will always make sure I strap the door handles together with not one but TWO Velcro straps to ensure they don't do that again.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:16 AM   #14

Thanks

Thanks....I already have a video showing the latch coming undone by simply jiggling the door. I will be visiting the dealership upon my return from my current trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
Actually, we have dents in both doors. The freezer door was dented upon delivery so that one was approved for replacement right away. When I reported the refrigerator side door dented because of the latch, the service tech at our dealership gave me that "I don't think they are going to approve this" look. It wasn't until I actually demonstrated how the latch will literally unhook itself by jiggling the door a few times, did he change that "look". He took a video of it and submitted it to Jayco. They are now going to replace both doors under warranty. Supposedly, they were ordered back in April when I took it in for work, but I suspect they forgot to order them because they just asked me for the make/model number AGAIN after 3 months have passed. But anyway, I was told they are going to replace both doors under warranty.

But going forward, I will never be able to trust that latch again and will always make sure I strap the door handles together with not one but TWO Velcro straps to ensure they don't do that again.

rwshelburne is offline   Reply With Quote