Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 5,041
I think you would be better off using the 12 volt control wiring. Possibly add a single pole double throw switch in the fan circuit. That way you wouldn't back feed the thermostat and it would be a lot easier.
__________________

__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I think you would be better off using the 12 volt control wiring. Possibly add a single pole double throw switch in the fan circuit. That way you wouldn't back feed the thermostat and it would be a lot easier.
Could you explain that in English? I don't speak electrical...
__________________

vtdanokim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:19 PM   #13
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 12,047
The heat comes thru the floor registers, AC comes from ceiling registers. I never heard of anyone changing that.
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
The heat comes thru the floor registers, AC comes from ceiling registers. I never heard of anyone changing that.
but if i can get the fan above running, it should help distribute the heat through the ceiling vents too. at least that's the theory.
vtdanokim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,068
You have one thermostat, it is designed to control the heat OR the a/c, but not both at the same time.






If you wanted to, you could buy a second thermostat and wire the heat on one thermostat and the a/c on the other. That way you could run the a/c fan while the heat is on... but it won't really help distribute heat.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
You have one thermostat, it is designed to control the heat OR the a/c, but not both at the same time.






If you wanted to, you could buy a second thermostat and wire the heat on one thermostat and the a/c on the other. That way you could run the a/c fan while the heat is on... but it won't really help distribute heat.
It appears the Dometic brand does run both the ac's fan and the furnace at the same time. I'm primarily interested in running the fan for white noise. Any additional heat distribution is icing.

Adding an additional thermostat is definitely an interesting option.
vtdanokim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Paintinfool3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 1,272
I got a box fan for the bedroom and just turn it on at night for the white noise
__________________
2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
I got a box fan for the bedroom and just turn it on at night for the white noise
But with the curtains (soon to be doors) shut, a box fan wouldn't help her with the heat issue. Hmm, I wonder if swapping the coleman mach analog thermostat with the digital one will solve the problem. Looks like some other people are able to run both at the same time with the digital thermostat.
vtdanokim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
nylyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southeast, NY
Posts: 960
I can think of several ways this could be accomplished. As mentioned, 2 thermostats one for heat one for A/C. You could change the A/C controls to the type that are unit mounted, this would eliminate the thermostat for the A/C altogether providing completely independent control of the A/C. You could also potentially install a separate switch to force the A/C fan on, but the concern about backfeeding the electronic thermostat is possible, so it would need to be done carefully. And / or install a second A/C which ties into the existing duct work which works with an independent thermostat.

In my opinion, the 2 thermostat idea would be the best for your case. In my 5th, I have 2 A/C's and can run the front A/C in fan mode with the furnace on because it has a separate thermostat. Of course it will only take the air from the bedroom and circulate it throughout the camper.

If the goal is white noise, perhaps a free app for a tablet hooked up to a speaker would be a better option.
__________________
Karl - Southeast, NY
2011 Jayco Super Lite 30.5 BHLT
2003 Ford F250 Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel My mods Bathroom Door Water Filter TV mount Cork Board
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
troutslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW AR (God's Country)
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdanokim View Post
Hmm, I wonder if swapping the coleman mach analog thermostat with the digital one will solve the problem. Looks like some other people are able to run both at the same time with the digital thermostat.
I did that and it didn't change the fan "situation".
__________________

__________________
Skip

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.