Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

Satellite Help in Greyhawk 29MV

I have just purchased a 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV and am installing a G2+ Carryout Satellite.Why Jayco does not provide an outside connection for Satellite is a mystery to me. Only a Cable connection.

My goal is to be able to pull in to a RV Park and hook up to Cable TV and also hook up to the Sat. so that I can have access to both along with OTA TV without having to connect and disconnect a bunch of cables each time I want to change sources.

The coach has Furrion TVs. I use Direct TV for provider and will be using a H24 Receiver. I fully understand I will have on Standard Definition which is fine with me.

The coach has the outside Cable connection from which a coax runs to the back of a King Power Injector wall plate. A coax to and from the King Jack OTA roof antenna is attached to another connection on back of wall plate. There is a 3rd connection on back that is not used along with the 2 12v wires. One connection on front of plate (along with 12v push button) with a coax going to a 3 way splitter in wall which supposedly feeds the 3 TV locations.

I will run a new coax for the satellite to the entertainment center area where it will hook to the G2+ Power Inserter and then to the H24 Receiver. Then I will run RWY RCA cables to a RF Modulator and a coax from the Modulator's "to Tv" connection to one input on an A/B Switch.
Next I will run a coax from the front of the King wall plate to the other input on said A/B switch. Then a coax from the output on A/B switch to the input on the 3 way splitter mentioned above.

I would like very much to get you guys opinion on this hookup. Will it work? If not, please tell me how to do it to accomplish my goal. I would sure appreciate it very much. All the connections explained a above was given me by a good man on another forum whom I consider to be very knowledgeable in these matters. I just can't get in touch with him to ask further questions. I tried it briefly and got a blue screen with no signal but figure I must have made a misstep somewhere. Anyway, I thank you very much in advance for any suggestion or ideas you may have.

Oh Yeah. I use the standard Direct TV remote and until i get it synced with the Furrion TV i will have to use both remotes. Any special settings or steps I need to take with remote in order to get to the Menu so I can get the G2+ set up?
Titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #2

I often set up my DirecTv dish. One thing I did to simplify my installation was to install a separate satellite connection on the exterior of my fifth wheel like this connection(clicky). I connected RG-6 cable, with the proper compression connectors, from the vicinity of the DirecTv receiver to that exterior connection. No switches, splitters, or other hardware to contend with and to cause possible (likely) problems.

I believe that a direct connection to a satellite system is simplest and most reliable.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #3

Thanks RVhiker. I agree a direct hookup is the most straight forward and if i was using satellite only that would be the way to go. But I would like to have all 3 sources available at all three TY locations if at all possible. Thanks again
Old 06-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #4

I may be confused. If you just have one DirecTv satellite receiver, there is only one location that needs or can use connection to the dish. There may be ways to distribute the tuned TV signal made by the receiver to the other TVs. Does that describe what your goal is?
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #5

Yes. One receiver. You can not watch different satellite channels at the same time. The Carryout G2+ has the connection for two receivers but I am not interested in that. I will set the channel I want to view at the receiver in the entertainment center and then can watch it on the BR or oudoor TV. Cant change channels at those locations.