Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #1

Satellite with Second TV

Hello,

I have a Jayco Eagle with a TV in the rear bunkhouse that I want to hook up my satellite receiver to. I have the main satellite receiver connected to the main TV and I wanted to know if there is a way i could connect the second tv in the bunkhouse to this receiver, knowing that the channels would be the same on both. If this is not possible i would even just want to be able to switch back and forth between the main TV and the second tv by changing a cable if possible.
I have tried a couple of combinations with the coax connections next to the main TV but cannot get any station to show on the second TV.
LJL76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:50 PM   #2

The second TV connection is probably on the back of the ant amp. You need to pull it out and then possibly incorporate an A/B switch in the line.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:44 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply. So there is no way to hook the receiver up to the second TV in the bunkhouse from the main area under the main TV where the RF connectors are located without having to put in a new switch?
Old 06-30-2016, 07:58 AM   #4
Site Team

I ran a coax from the media center to the rear bunk house. The main use is to extend the regular OTA and CABLE outputs to the bunk house. When we are using the Dish Tail-Gater, I connect the bunkhouse COAX to the back of the Dish Receiver and the main TV gets the HDMI connection. On the back of my DISH receiver I have a HDMI and a TV COAX output, not sure if all receivers have that feature.

The coax is only exposed where it goes from the media center to behind the trim on the slid-out and drops down next to the bunk house behind the trim. One of these days I will run it down to through the floor or into the ceiling and over to the bunk-house... whenever, it has only been like this for 3 or 4 years... not high on my priority list

Hope this helps

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:02 AM   #5

Youy don't need the switch, but you still need to pull the wire off the back of the amplifier.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #6

Thanks for the reply, I will try to pull cable off the amplifier this weekend when I am back out to the trailer.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
I ran a coax from the media center to the rear bunk house. The main use is to extend the regular OTA and CABLE outputs to the bunk house. When we are using the Dish Tail-Gater, I connect the bunkhouse COAX to the back of the Dish Receiver and the main TV gets the HDMI connection. On the back of my DISH receiver I have a HDMI and a TV COAX output, not sure if all receivers have that feature.

Don
This is how my parents got the signal to their outside TV to watch NASCAR at the campgrounds. he tried using the coax that was installed for the antenna, but the signal got confused and the picture wasn't the greatest. Now he ran the new coax, picture is great and no switches needed.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:28 AM   #8

The satellite works great on ,y main TV, I just to extend it to the second tv with the cabling in place if possible. There is an RF connection in the bunkhouse so I assumed i could use that to connect to the RF connector on the satellite receiver.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #9
Site Team

These amp wiring diagrams may help
Don
Attached Thumbnails
Tv - Antenna-Cable Connections - Example 1.jpg   Tv - Antenna-Cable Connections - Example 2.jpg   Tv - Antenna-Cable Connections - Example 3.jpg   Tv - Antenna-Cable Connections - Operation.jpg  
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #10

Thanks for the diagram !
It makes it clearer for sure, it appears if i am reading this correctly that to run the RF connection from the receiver next to the main tv to the back TV that there is no way to do it from the current setup next to my receiver that has the cable amplifier connection the A/B connections? I was hoping i could just plug the receiver into one of those and it would work.
The current setup i have is the jumper is removed between A and B on the wall plate and I have the satellite receiver connected into the RF connector marker as A and then to the main TV using A/V cables, this works great for the main TV. Given that there is an RF jack in the bunkhouse i assumed i could just hook the RF convection on the satellite receiver into one of the remaining connections and it would work in the bunkhouse....