Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #1

Schwintek Kitchen Slide Out

The kitchen slide out on my 5th wheel has been nothing but a problem. It was repaired once under warranty when it failed. It failed again and I had to get 4 men to get it pushed in to get it back to the dealer - no longer under warranty. 2 weeks later it failed again. I no longer can trust this slide to work when I try to pack up and leave a campsite. This is the nicest RV I have owned but the most problematic. I have owned 6 RVs and never had a slide out problem until now. This 5th wheel has had very little use and stored indoors. May be time to cut my loses and get rid of this lemon.
SD Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #2

Anybody else out there having issues with their Schwintek slide outs?
SD Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #3

Hi SD Texan. Could you add a signature to your profile so we can see your year, model and floor plan?

Also a search for "Schwintek" on this forum or any RV forum that has Schwintek slides will bring up many results.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:08 AM   #4

2016 North Point 377RLBH
Old 10-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #5

We have the same slide profile with the pantry. Only difference is we have the residential fridge.

Read through this post and focus on what forum member Puddle Pirate did to resolve his kitchen slide problem. It may guide you to find the main source of the problem. Puddle Pirate had done the most complete and effective modification to resolve his slide issue.
One quick check would be to see if any of your rollers under the slide are broken. You can see them when the slide is out by looking under the flap from inside.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ues-79437.html

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #6

Occasionally I "mop" those rollers with 100% pure silicone and it really improved the movement.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Occasionally I "mop" those rollers with 100% pure silicone and it really improved the movement.

What’s involved in “mopping” them. I’ve tried to spray them. Just makes a mess on the floor.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
What’s involved in “mopping” them. I’ve tried to spray them. Just makes a mess on the floor.
I use a very small sponge brush and dip it in the silicon and brush it on. Does not make a mess on the floor. 100% silicon is very thick and doesn't run. A flash light helps to see. The rollers are just about 2" from the edge of the floor of the slide when open.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 10-17-2020, 05:02 PM   #9

Thanks. I may try that.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 10-18-2020, 11:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Thanks. I may try that.
This is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Spot-Treadmil...s%2C231&sr=8-8
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 10-24-2020, 06:27 PM   #11

Dealer tech still having problems with this slide out. I noticed the 2021 does not use the Schwintek with the large kitchen slide out.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Texan View Post
Dealer tech still having problems with this slide out. I noticed the 2021 does not use the Schwintek with the large kitchen slide out.

I saw that too. Looks like a Slim Rack system. Anything has to be better than this system. I don’t trust these slides one bit.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 11-04-2020, 01:31 PM   #13

We had problems with our kitchen slide on our 317rlok when we first got it. The rollers had broken. The entire slide mechanism had to be replaced. It was replaced approximately 18 months ago. Since then I have noticed that when we bring in the slide and we are not perfectly level one side will begin to come in before the other. When I see that happen I immediately stop bringing it in and re-sync the slides until they come in evenly. So far it’s working.
Cc0951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:06 PM   #14

My TT has 3 slides, 1 for the bed, 1 for the kitchen/entertainment and 1 for the recliners and table. The bed and table slides use the old style and the other uses the Schwintek. I much prefer the old style as they always work and don't drag on the floor. The Schwintek however has rubbed the floor cutting the linoleum. It seems like it tips slightly when the slide is almost in. That slide is heavy. It was just enough that removing the first 2 screws under the front rail keeps it off the floor. That slide is also slow to operate. Why do they insist on using those things? If I buy a new unit I will try to find one without these if they still exist.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Texan View Post
Anybody else out there having issues with their Schwintek slide outs?
We have a 2020 30.5 CKTS fifth wheel and have had issues with the kitchen slide as well. Ours was caused by the motors getting out of sync which caused the slide to not move in “straight” as one motor would start, then the other a couple of seconds later. This caused the slide to “bind” and come to a stop. I could push it about six inches or so, and it would move on in. Took it to our dealer and they got the motors sorted out and no problems since. Hope it’s good for a while!
Old 11-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickandBecky View Post
We have a 2020 30.5 CKTS fifth wheel and have had issues with the kitchen slide as well. Ours was caused by the motors getting out of sync which caused the slide to not move in “straight” as one motor would start, then the other a couple of seconds later. This caused the slide to “bind” and come to a stop. I could push it about six inches or so, and it would move on in. Took it to our dealer and they got the motors sorted out and no problems since. Hope it’s good for a while!
The process to sync the motors is easy to do. Download a copy of the manual. It tells you how to do it.

https://liferebooted.net/2018-phaeto...ers-Manual.pdf

Jayflight 34RSBS
Old 11-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #17

My bedroom slide is a Schwintek and I had it extended at home while I was preparing for a trip. When I went to retract it...nothing. After spending an hour looking for the manual, I realized it was not included in my packet, all I had the was main slide manual. No luck with my dealer or a local Entegra dealer, or Entegra's 24/7 support line. Finally found a YouTube video. Spent another hour trying to find the location of the controller. Reset it several times, did not fix the problem. Had to take a ladder and climb up to the top of the slide, peel pack the rubber moldiing, remove the screw holding it in the track, unplug the power cable, take a small screwdriver and pop the motor out of the track, and then repeat that on the other side before I was able to manually push it back in. I then had to brace it on the inside so it wouldn't slide out while driving. Had to manually push it out when camping then back in when we left. It has been at the dealer now for two weeks and they still have not resolved the problem.
West Hills, CA
barryfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:40 PM   #18

Thanks! I’ve got the manual and read how to re-sync—still wouldn’t go in. I know the shop did a re-sync, but think they had to do something else also, but not sure. It’s working for now.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickandBecky View Post
Thanks! I’ve got the manual and read how to re-sync—still wouldn’t go in. I know the shop did a re-sync, but think they had to do something else also, but not sure. It’s working for now.
Does it move at all? Mine stopped almost all the way in when it drug the floor and tore the linoleum. Make sure it is not hitting somewhere.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Old 11-04-2020, 06:48 PM   #20

Jayco seismic

I have the same issues on my 2015 jayco seismic 352 schwintek slide kitchen is small also but it is broke all the time 4 times in 2 years they fix it works for a few times then crooked again.. thinking of buying a new toy hauler With no slides lol
srbjmw is offline   Reply With Quote