Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #1

SenDel vs Knock Off's

What do you know about these wheels? 14x4.5x5.5
The original design was a SenDel T03.
Unknown what make these are. No brand markings.
They have been copied and sold under the names
Hi Spec, Tredit, Badger and probably others.
Looking for input from owners as to differences in quality, determining one brand from the others and your experiences.

Click image for larger version

Name:	248521156_4291022424357357_3925260550065156770_n (2).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	77805
Old 12-25-2021, 06:30 AM   #2

I'm curious to your concerns, did you have a wheel failure?

Saw on an airstream forum of 16" wheels having spoke failures back in 2010 or so.

If they are DOT stamped, they are certified by the manufacturer of the rim that the rim complies with all applicable vehicle safety standards. More than likely all made in China.

The only issues I have had with alloy wheels is porosity in the casting which will cause air to leak, and, being in the rust belt, corrosion. Usually most RV trailers don't see much road salt so that's hopefully a non-issue.

FWIW, I'd buy from a reputable dealer that can provide support if needed, less likely to get counterfeit wheels.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 07:09 AM   #3

My question would be to a distributor - Are they clones or a run of wheels by Sendel just for them. Tredit supposedly sells only OE wheels. In any case, for a 14" wheel, you are talking about less then USD 100 for the Sendel branded wheels. The others - ?? Then what are the actual manufacturing specs vs Sendel's which are posted in their on line catalog. A 14" wheel is rated 1900 pounds. A clone - anyone's guess.

I apologize if I didn't answer the question. I have a problem with off brand items such as wheels that can determine your safe driving.

2011 F250 CCLB, 6.7 w/Puck System plus Slide in camper option,

2014 Montana 343RL (Just sold it)
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
I'm curious to your concerns, did you have a wheel failure?

Saw on an airstream forum of 16" wheels having spoke failures back in 2010 or so.

If they are DOT stamped, they are certified by the manufacturer of the rim that the rim complies with all applicable vehicle safety standards. More than likely all made in China.

The only issues I have had with alloy wheels is porosity in the casting which will cause air to leak, and, being in the rust belt, corrosion. Usually most RV trailers don't see much road salt so that's hopefully a non-issue.

FWIW, I'd buy from a reputable dealer that can provide support if needed, less likely to get counterfeit wheels.
Considering a purchase from a private sale. They were shipped to him years ago as replacements from an RV manufacturer and never used. There are no markings to determine the manufacturer but they are DOT stamped. I was looking for help to determine who made them.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
My question would be to a distributor - Are they clones or a run of wheels by Sendel just for them. Tredit supposedly sells only OE wheels. In any case, for a 14" wheel, you are talking about less then USD 100 for the Sendel branded wheels. The others - ?? Then what are the actual manufacturing specs vs Sendel's which are posted in their on line catalog. A 14" wheel is rated 1900 pounds. A clone - anyone's guess.

I apologize if I didn't answer the question. I have a problem with off brand items such as wheels that can determine your safe driving.
These wheels have the same specs visually as the SenDel T03 other than rated weight. These are 2040 lbs vs SenDel 1900.
Hi Spec (HWT) S5 wheels are rated at 2040 lbs. Possibly these might be them.