Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2015, 06:32 AM   #1

Seneca 35 GS (2009)Lost AC power to TV receptable

I have a 2009 Jayco Seneca 35 GS and have lost power to the tv receptacle for the front tv mounted at cab over. This receptacle has a rectifier glued to back with 12v wires feeding off also. Not sure what this 12v feed is for. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this unit or can tell me from where does this receptacle feed from? I don't know if it feeds from another receptacle or just where it feeds from. I have looked in all the other receptacles without any luck. Does it possibly feed directly from a breaker? All help will be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
lightman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #2

If you are talking about while driving/ignition on that is how it is designed. That is not a rectifier, but a relay. I would just bypass the relay altogether, or just disconnect the 12 volt wire. It feeds from the breaker panel. via the inverter.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:06 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I'm not talking about while driving but when parked while connected to 120v power. I don't have voltage at my front tv receptacle. I checked voltage at 120v wires feeding receptacle and got zero.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #4

Not sure why a 120v outlet would have a 12v relay attached. Is this perhaps a 12v outlet and a 12v TV?
If it's 12v I'd check fuses, if it is 120v I'd start with the breakers.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #5

It's a 120v tv. The receptacle has something attached to back, and looks to me like it is converting to 12v. It reads 12v output. But the problem is I don't have any voltage feeding this receptacle and don't know where it feeds from. If it feeds directly from breaker panel I don't know which breaker, none are tripped.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #6

Is it possible the relay is to prevent the TV from being used while the vehicle is in motion?
You might try cycling the breakers off then on. A tripped breaker is not always to see visually.
Can you post a pic of the back-side of the receptacle?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #7

Does the microwave and the rear TV work? Both TVs and the micro go through the inverter even when on shore power, the inverter has a built in transfer switch.

If the rear TV and micro are not working there is a circuit breaker on the front of the inverter. (should be located 2nd compartment back, drivers side) it is attached to the floor of the coach.

I would definitely turn the breakers on and off to be sure they are reset properly. They should be the ones closest to the bathroom.

If you want to remove the relay on the back of the front TV outlet the directions are on this thread.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...-on-11021.html
Old 07-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #8

I disconnected the relay at receptacle and I still don't have any voltage on the feed wire for the receptacle. I chacked voltage at the bottom side of all the breakers and they are good. I need to know where this receptacle is fed from so I can start there. I connected Jayco for a wiring diagram, but so far have not had a reply. Does anyone have any idea where this receptacle is fed from? Could it possibly be from the nearest exhaust fan? Thanks, Jim
Old 07-13-2016, 07:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightman45 View Post
I disconnected the relay at receptacle and I still don't have any voltage on the feed wire for the receptacle. I chacked voltage at the bottom side of all the breakers and they are good. I need to know where this receptacle is fed from so I can start there. I connected Jayco for a wiring diagram, but so far have not had a reply. Does anyone have any idea where this receptacle is fed from? Could it possibly be from the nearest exhaust fan? Thanks, Jim
Jim I am having the same problem with mine. The rear tv works but I have no power to the front tv plug. Any luck finding a wiring diagram or where it was fed from? Thanks
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #10

I figured it out... Please check your inverter, not your converter. For some stupid reason, my inverter was mounted with the ventilation side flush up against a solid surface. No ventilation. The inverter should have gfi AC outlets on it. I simply pressed the reset button on the GFI outlet on the inverter, and the TV AC outlet came back to life.
Let me know if that worked.. Good luck.
Pkramer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #11

Front tv

Took advice of removing the ac adaptor from plug unit that was not working for front tv and reset the inverter and got power back on

Thank you for the advice
HTCOCOA is offline   Reply With Quote