Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #1

Shore Power Cord Replacement

I want to replace the "disappearing" power cable with a Marinco shore power inlet so I can use my Marinco Power cord, which is better quality and easier to handle when it's cold, as the marico version can be disconnected and rolled up. Is the existing cover plate screwed into some kind of backing materialor te paneling on the inside, or is it held on by just sheet metal screws into the skin and the sealant/putty. It's located directly behind the fridge, so I'm wondering if they just screwed all the way through since it wouldn't be visible. The skin around the existing cover apperas to be a little distorted so I'm thnking there's something solid behind it that it was snugged up to.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:29 PM   #2

Bob; I see no ones replied to your question as yet and sorry to say I can't answer it either. I will say that in my opinion the best thing to do is call the Jayco factory and ask them, they should know exactly if you can do what you want.

Good luck...
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #3

Hi , the out side plate is screwed in to the wood and glued with rtv . I was thinking of doing the same thing , just have not gotten around to it yet , you will keep a lot of bugs and things out of you camper by doing so ,
Kipper

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #4

One of the techs at the dealership said it was mounted with the screws just screwed into the sheet metal skin. I have some of the putty tape that Jayco used to seal it, but if that doesn't look good enough, I'll hit it with some silicon. I was wondering if they used screws long enough to go through the plywood paneling on the inside but I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I've been waiting for my EMS to arrive and it came yesterday, so that's one of my projects for tomorrow, along with installing the new battery box.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:02 AM   #5

Good luck , I dont think it will be too bad , let us know how you make out , Kipper
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #6

Smile

i done my 08 eagle 322fks. remove the screws mount new plate ,every thing matches right back.
evans27292 is offline   Reply With Quote