Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #1

Slideout Locks

My niece and her husband brought a 2011 Rockwood Super Ultralite.
( Yes, I know this isn't a Jayco but I have one)

Question is, when I was looking at it last night, There were 2 stickers above the sofa/U-Dinette slide that said SLIDEOUT LOCKS.
There was also 1 sticker over the bunk slide out saying the same thing.

I questioned her about them and asked if they are supposed to be put in place (and what do they look like) when traveling. Her response was that the sales person said they don't need them. 9Then why are the stickers there)?????

My 2016 Jayco 28BHBE has a slide out and there are no stickers saying slide out locks. I called the dealer and he said the newer gear driven/ratchet slides don't need them, they close and stay locked in.

Should she or don't she really require those slide out locks and what do they look like?

Thank you

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #2

My experience is that if the manufacturer identified locations for the locks to go, it is because they were recommended for travel.

They are usually metal rods that adjust in length with rectangular pads at each end. They are placed at the noted locations and extended to help brace the slide in place.

This is one version.
Attached Images

Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
My experience is that if the manufacturer identified locations for the locks to go, it is because they were recommended for travel.

They are usually metal rods that adjust in length with rectangular pads at each end. They are placed at the noted locations and extended to help brace the slide in place.

This is one version.

Thank you for the quick response, I am going to forward what you said to my Niece.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:15 AM   #4
Site Team

Not all slides require them but if there is a sticker there I would use the slide locks. My slide needs one or the top of the slide can move in and out during travel. The lock keeps everything nice and snug.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Not all slides require them but if there is a sticker there I would use the slide locks. My slide needs one or the top of the slide can move in and out during travel. The lock keeps everything nice and snug.
X-2. Who knows the unit better, the person who built it or the person who sold it?
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote