Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2021, 11:19 AM   #1

Solar Error B01 and Power Tongue Jack not working

Hello, Everyone.

We have had our 264BH for 2 weeks now and our Go Power solar panel is reading a b01 error. It will flash with this message during sunlight hours, shut down at night, and at 6:00am-ish will buzz for a good 5 minutes before turning back on and flashing the b01 message.

I’ve gone through the Go Power website, re-read their manual, and know that the b01 error means there is no battery present or the battery is below 3 volts. I’ve tested the battery and it’s reading 13.8 volts. I’m assuming the in-line fuse may be blown? I’m just not sure where the fuse is.

To make things (possibly) more confusing, our power tongue jack does not work. Everything else that is connected to the battery works normal. I’ve checked fuses and connections, they are all fine and I’m working order.

Yesterday I noticed that when I have the TT hooked up to my truck, the power tongue jack worked fine and the panel in the front of the TT was operating normally, displaying 13.8V. Once I unplugged the TT from my truck, the power tongue jack and the display panel returned to not working and flashing the b01 error code.

Hopefully I’ve given you enough information. I’m curious to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!
bjk1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 08:36 AM   #2

Solar panel and tongue jack not working

Hello, I am have the same the problem with my travel trailer solar panels and power tongue jack. What was the fix on these issues? Thanks!
Cchfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 09:02 AM   #3

Check for a blown 30 amp inline fuse somewhere near the battery. It will be on the positive cable in a covered fuse holder.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 01:47 PM   #4

If fuze and breakers check out look for corrosion on the fuse holder, battery or any connection. Often 12 volt system has a small box on the front of the RV where connections between battery, tow vehicle, tongue jack hook up to lines going inside. On mine it was not sealed from moisture and I have discovered corrosion there.

Surprisingly, I also had a low voltage when my battery cable connection was only a small bit dark but cleaning it restored the connection.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 06:48 PM   #5

Fuse is good, Cleaned battery connections and checked the small box. TT is only two months old so everything is clean. All of BJK1183 issues in his post are exact to mine. Im hoping he will see this post and it was a quick fix for him or its off to the dealer for me.
Old 03-19-2023, 07:09 AM   #6

Thanks again BJK1183. Problem solved and everything is back working perfectly.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:21 PM   #7

So what solved the problem? I have the same issue
Hamstran23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:53 PM   #8

Hello Everyone,

My fix was tightening the nuts at the front of the trailer, behind the battery tray, in the wiring block.

If you follow the red cable from the power tongue jack, it will enter a wiring harness that runs around the propane tanks and connect into a cluster of 6 bolts in the cross frame behind the battery tray. I apologize that I don't have a photo, my trailer is currently in storage. That's where the problem was.

I found that the connection of the red wire from the tongue jack to the harness was useless and soldered it myself. Then I noticed that there were 2 nuts that were loose in that cluster of 6. I put thread lock on all of the nuts and double check them once or twice throughout the season.

I hope this helps for anyone else coming across this thread.
bjk1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 05:38 PM   #9

For me it was one of the six bolts on the frame behind the rubber covers. One of them was loose.