Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #1

Stabilizer Jack Broke

I raised the jacks by hand to move my jayco 23rb to a different spot yesterday and while raising one of the back jacks it broke. I had to wire it up to move the trailer.

Scissor jacks.

The nut you use to raise the jack, that part of the rod just comes out of the jack not allowing it to raise. It will still lower since the force is going the other way.
I can't tell if it's a spot weld on the inside of the jack on the rod that holds those inside washers, or what it is. It would be great if it was a replaceable key or pin. Does anyone know what holds those inside washers from moving back and forth on the rod?
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #2

IIRC the threaded rod has 2 'ears' stamped onto it after the washer pack is installed.

A little bit of GMAW or SMAW could be used to build up enough metal to keep the washer pack in place.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
IIRC the threaded rod has 2 'ears' stamped onto it after the washer pack is installed.

A little bit of GMAW or SMAW could be used to build up enough metal to keep the washer pack in place.
I have a wire feed welder, I may try that. Beats a 65 mile trip to get a new jack under warranty for a trailer that's for sale. I'll take it off and look it over.

Although since I'm retired I guess I have time to drive down there. Maybe they'll agree to sell my trailer on consignment.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:09 AM   #4

I had one break on my 2016 BHBE and would have welded it if I had a welder. Our dealer sent me a new one within 3 days.
Pcschwenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #5

I have a 2014 x23b with scissor jacks, I've already had 2 of them collapse on me,with a replacement cost of 110$ each. I put very little weight on them, anyone know of a good replacement for the original P.O.S.
Kato348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #6

On my previous 5er, during a boondocking sheep hunt scouting trip, I tore the rear stabilizer jacks completely off during a rough terrain maneuver gone wrong (also required a 5 hour combination bottle jack, highlift jack, reinforcing build up of terrain and ramps utilization to get us out and moving again. We didn't want to walk the 30 plus miles to the nearest phone or pay for a tow/extraction service).

Upon returning home, I purchased two heavy duty scissor jacks from a heavy equipment shop (the kind which can be used to lift large trucks on the roadside to change a tire). They weren't cheap and required a bit of modification to mount them to the trailer, but once on, they worked great and could even be utilized to actually lift the 5er off the ground.

Coincidentally, we also flipped the axles and moved them another inch apart, and included a .5 inch lift along with the axle flip to accommodate 15 inch rims, and installed skid plates from frame to frame to cover and protect the holding tanks and drains. We didn't want to have to go through the previous damage ever again.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote