Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #11
Site Team

The valve may not be in plain sight but should be there somewhere. I have never seen a newer one without a way to bypass the wh.

Does the one you see have 2 or 3 positions?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Checked a few minutes ago. My setup definitely only has 1 valve to turn. No more, no less.

My trailer is a 2017 Jay Flight 23RB, and was built in the last half of the 2017 production year.
I have seen a single valve setup with a check valve. As I recall a 3 way valve right before the water inlet to the HW tank, and a check valve between the bypass pipe tee and the HW tank outlet.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #13

There is only one shutoff valve. I looked at every line going into or coming out of the water heater.

I didn't check today if it had more than two positions.

Back in either June or July, I was asking on here about the WH and the bypass valves, because unlike my old trailer which had 3 valves, this one only had 1 valve. The answer was the newest Jay Flights were coming out with only 1 valve to operate the bypass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
The valve may not be in plain sight but should be there somewhere. I have never seen a newer one without a way to bypass the wh.

Does the one you see have 2 or 3 positions?
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:07 PM   #14

I must apologize. After looking again very closely this morning, I did finally find a 2nd cut off valve.

I had made an assumption that put egg on my face. I had assumed the person putting the valves in at the factory would have had the common sense to turn the valve lever around so it pointed out where folks could see it, just like the other valve that looks just like it, but is on the inlet side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
There is only one shutoff valve. I looked at every line going into or coming out of the water heater.

I didn't check today if it had more than two positions.

Back in either June or July, I was asking on here about the WH and the bypass valves, because unlike my old trailer which had 3 valves, this one only had 1 valve. The answer was the newest Jay Flights were coming out with only 1 valve to operate the bypass.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #15
Site Team

Great. It should be 2-3 way like the picture in post #7.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote