Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #1

Tinhut

Owner of a Jayco Granite Ridge 3100SS

Having a issue with a Blue Ox Brake installed on RV towing a Jeep Wrangler. A maiden voyage of 150 miles the receiver red light in the RV did
come on at all. I question the placement of the receiver mounted in the Jeep at floor level. I pulled the Jeep bumper to RV bumper and the light on the RV receiver came on and stayed on. I cannot do a line of sight r to r but can move the Jeep received upward. This Blue Ox system is the older one that is dark blue and requires 35mph or more to activate. The system was professionally installed so that means I didn't do it. Any suggestions for a quick fix ?
bj_tinhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #2

I should have stated that " Having issue with Blue Ox Brake " may get more replies. Thats why I am a Junior Member
Old 11-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #3

I would contact Blue Ox first (they have excellent customer service) so you know exactly what you're talking about, and then contact the installer if there is something they should have done differently.

It sounds like your system is sending a signal for brakes, but the receiver isn't getting it. The floor MIGHT not be the best place for it, but it could be a distance issue too. Or, something else.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #4

Blue Ox was no assistance. They said my brake controller is obsolete and they no longer have parts for it. CS guy was new and knew nothing about the older model. However, he did say I could trade mine in for a new model with a $450 credit. Not going there, I will fix the problem. What about increasing the sensitivity? The manual does not cover this area very well.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #5

I would check each component for location and operation from the manual. It's almost like starting over, but if you want to fix it yourself it's the only way I can think of.

As far as increasing sensitivity, I would try any settings I had to make it work.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #6

On The Go, thats what i am going to do. At this moment the drive is ice covered and temps are below freezing. Wish I had a big pole barn with heat to work in.
The blue ox moans and groans in this cold weather. Hope to have better weather this weekend. Tks for your input. Zephrhills in January no matter what.