Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #1

Question Todays "Challenge" ...Slide sag issue...

My 2007 eagle has 2 slides.

I have noticed this season in Florida (was closed up all summer) that the living area slide is dramatically sagging.

When purchased last spring- I removed the heavy sleeper & table and chairs. I added a small desk and lightweight love seat to the slide area.

So- I am really surprised to see the sag. The slides/motors extended fine when I arrived in November.

Questions-

1. What causes a slide to sag?
2. I want to buy slide supports but not sure which one is of best use considering i need about an inch lift and then support & I don't want to damage the slide mechanism.

Anyone have experience with this issue?

thank you!

Z.
zernalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zernalaw View Post
1. What causes a slide to sag?
2. I want to buy slide supports but not sure which one is of best use considering i need about an inch lift and then support & I don't want to damage the slide mechanism.
There are a lot of things that can cause the slide-out to sag, age, too much weight, leaving it out 24/7/365 (one of the neighbors had that happen), putting stabilizer jacks under the slide out and not constantly checking to see if that side of the trailer needs to be readjusted and all the weight of the TT's street side of the TT ends up on the stabilizer jacks under the slide out. There is a TT at the CG we stay at that if you look at the TT close from a front view you can see that the slide is angled upward on the outside end. It has stabilizer jacks under it and jacks under the frame, but she never adjusted any of them. She is a seasonal person. It can also cause a mis-alignment and the motor does not operate properly.

I purchased 2 stabilizer jacks a few winters ago and then called Jayco to verify that it is ok to use them under the slide out, they informed me that if I did it would void the warranty as it causes stress to the slide out assembly. So I use them under the frame to stabilize it. I put them under the side with the slide out and it removed most of the TT motion when you access the slide area. The stabilizers we purchased are below.

Check the weight of the items you installed to see if it is greater than the allowed weight allowed in the slide out.
Don
Attached Thumbnails
STABILIZING JACKS.jpg  
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sag, slide, stabilizer, supports