Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #1

trying to get tv

I tried 2 tv's inside our camper and get nothing.I hook up the cable crank up the antenna and press the power button. What am I missing????
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #2

Did you do a channel search with the tv? Are the tv's digital? Are you in an area where you can get reception?
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #3

Did you go into the tv settings and make sure they are both set to receive signal from cable (and not set on antenna)?

When you say "hook up the cable", do you mean an actual cable-tv cable? If so, you don't need to crank up the antenna. And if you're getting signal from cable, you might not need to push the "signal boost" button.

If you're going with antenna, it might have to be rotated so it's aimed the right direction. I usually look at other RV antennas in the area and match their alignment.

Lastly, I had to go through all the cable connectors under the wall plates and tighten them up, not long after I bought the trailer. All connections were loose, and I had problems getting a solid signal. Might check that, too.

Good luck!
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #4

Im actually in my driveway, Im playing with my tv settings still with no luck. I did raise antenna and push signal boost for some reason I can't get past analog on my tv, it won't go to dig. I did check all connections and all were tight
Old 07-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Im actually in my driveway, Im playing with my tv settings still with no luck. I did raise antenna and push signal boost for some reason I can't get past analog on my tv, it won't go to dig. I did check all connections and all were tight
I did try another tv and after hitting search I was able to get 2 channels. I will try at a campground in a couple weeks and see if I have better luck
Old 07-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #6

I had the same problem and pulled the plate where the power switch for the antenna is and the cable was not crimped well at the factory. The cable pulled out of the connector! I pushed it back in and pulled in a lot more channels. Now I need to find a crimping tool to fixed it right.
Daniel64485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #7

I found something different on a tv not long ago. It had two antenna inputs, one was for digital and one was for analog. Go figure. If you can't get past analog on that tv, it will need a converter box, I think.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #8

TV

Trying what the fellow campers told was all good tips , but when i ran into issues searching for channels the manufacturer advised me to unplug the tv then push power button on the set itself for 30 seconds then let go and restart process just thought i would pass it on
2006 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 23B EXP
EQUILIZER HITCH
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #9

Thanks everyone
Old 07-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #10

also most trailers have an electrical plate with two cable jacks, often with a jumper from one to the other, if you look at it closely, there is instruction as to connect or disconnect the jumper depending on your signal source, you might want to find that and check to see if it is correct

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote