Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2019, 08:57 PM   #1

Tst-507 tpms

I installed my TST-507 sensors this evening. Before doing so, inflated all 4 tires on my 5W to 80 psi and checked them with 2 gauges. When I turned the monitor on it read 75-76 psi on all 4 tires. Which do I believe?
dkrickbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrickbaum View Post
I installed my TST-507 sensors this evening. Before doing so, inflated all 4 tires on my 5W to 80 psi and checked them with 2 gauges. When I turned the monitor on it read 75-76 psi on all 4 tires. Which do I believe?
I don't have a TPMS on our TT, so I can't say how dead accurately they display, but I've got four digital pressure gauges in assorted vehicles, one fairly expensive Moroso dial gauge, and a cheapo gauge/inflator in the garage. None of them read the same. They are all about two or three lbs. apart from each other. I wish I knew which one to believe!

There are a bunch here that have your system, and I'm sure someone will chime in for you.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:52 PM   #3

I have 3 gauges and theirs 5lbs different between the 3. One reads the same as my TST-507's so that's the one I use. Have no idea which one of the 3 is correct.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:57 PM   #4

They say if you have two watches you never really know the correct time. Hence, I have one watch and I always know the exact time

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #5

FWIW - I am not using the TST but on my SOB I have a Tire Minder TM77. The manual for the TM77 tells you flat out that they may not agree with the pressure gauge but should be within a few pounds.

Here is the problem I encountered after installing my system. I used the gauge on the air chuck attached to my compressor. I air the tires to 90psi and then checked them with a truck stick gauge. The stick gage read about 2 pounds higher. I attached the sensors for the TM77 and the pressures read the same as the stick gauge. I left things as they were. I then set the tire pressure in the TM77 to 90psi. The following morning we left on a 250 mile trip. About halfway into the trip my rear inner on both sides started giving off a high pressure warning. The pressure was 2 pounds over the 10 percent TM77 allowance. This happened to be the 2 pound difference between the stick gauge and my air chuck gauge.

Prior to my next trip I will make sure I use whichever gauge reads the same as the TM77 sensors or I will set the TM77 pressure to what it's sensors are picking up.

It is remarkable how fast and by how much tire pressure will increase when driving. It is also remarkable how the pressure in inner rear tires will build higher than the outers.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #6

I would not worry about small differences in pressure. What you are looking for is sudden or steady drops in pressure or large increases in temperature. My TST alerted me when one of my china bombs quickly dropped 30 lbs. The belts broke internally and the tire ballooned out but did not blow. Paid for itself that day.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote