Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 09:01 AM   #1

TV problem 2020 336FBOK 5th Wheel

We have a new 2020 336FBOK 5th Wheel. We are camping at Ocean Lakes this week. We setup this past Saturday and the Tv in the living room and outside has scanned and show all the channels on cable. The bedroom hasn’t. I’ve changed cables from outside, tv from outside with the bedroom tv. I’ve made sure it wasn’t the jack to tv cable or tv’s. I’ve tried to see if we had another amplifier to turn off tv signal but nothing in the owners manual or anywhere we’ve found.
So basically we know it’s not the tv’s as they all work on cable in the living room and outside or the jack to tv cable.
Anyone know what I can do next to get the bedroom tv going?
Thanks again
dbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #2
Site Team

I have no idea how to fix it but hopefully someone will have some info, if not you may have to rough it the whole week without that bedroom tv!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #3

Bed tv

Dbright

Do you have a main panel down in your cargo area with all tv jack connections?
Can you check the tv bed jack to see if it goes there. I had to add a jumper on my fifth wheel to get my bed tv to work , get a good channel on the tv with the antenna booster on then turn booster off to see if it goes away. Also if you can use a meter to ring the cable out to the panel below. My fifthwheel was a 2017 coachman lite. Hope this will help.
onsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:35 AM   #4

Thanks. I have the panel that you connect cable and a SAT and a AUX in the hookup compartment. The booster is behind the living room tv and it’s off for signal.
I don’t see another anywhere inside or out.
This is the 3rd time out and now the bedroom will not scan for cable like the living room and outside. I even changed tvs from outside to the bedroom and nothing. But the bedroom works outside.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:32 PM   #5

Ok sounds like the bedroom tv is on the circuit with the booster for antenna. But not tied to the connection for the outside cable.Bed tv Possibly tied to another tv cable that comes off the booster. look behind the panel below as well, Panel should be held on by 4 screws. My bed tv cable connection went to the panel below along with being hooked to the booster for antenna, There was another cable at the panel that went to the living room. So I added a jumper at the panel, Then Outside cable worked. Hope this is not to confusing,
onsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:49 PM   #6

Thanks. I’ll look at that tonight when we get in from the beach. Hope I’ll figure it out with all the information everyone has given. I hate having to take it back since we leave it at the lake when we aren’t traveling somewhere.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #7

I have the same unit, and the cabling is somewhat of a mess, I'm still trying to figure it out myself, I'd go out and look at mine but it just got picked up by the dealer to install the slide toppers and replace the outdoor fridge. I'll have it back tomorrow and I'll see if can be of any help from here when they get it back to me. Happy Camping!

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:11 PM   #8

I appreciate it. Thanks. I’m still waiting on the slide topper too for the bedroom slide. The other 2 came i. And are on. Just the ones been back ordered for a few months because of COVID they said?
Did you get the tankless water heater? We did and so glad we did. But we always have full hookup, so no need to worry about having enough water or grey tank
Old 06-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #9

Yeah they had two, had to order one, not sure which one, but we will be glad to have them installed. We did not get the tankless water heater, but it's just the wife and I, we never room it out of hot water.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote