Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #1

Video Hookup

I just purchased a 2012 Jayco Ultra Lite 19H trailer. I cannot find anything on the TV connection area cable with 3 RCA plugs. Where does it go?
jeffmich3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Site Team

What are the three RCA plugs connected to at the other end of the wires? The standard connection from the television antenna is coaxial. Therefore I suspect these three RCA plugs are connected to some other piece of equipment (analog to digital converter box/DVD/Blu-ray/VCR, etc.). What is it and what other type(s) of video output connections (if any) does that equipment have?

You will have to use some other type of video connection (coaxial/S-Video/Component/HDMI) that's compatible with your television as it appears your set isn't equipped to accept a composite (yellow/red/white RCA plugs) signal, which is what I believe you have based upon the information provided in your posting.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #3

Could be that you are using an old TV set without a coaxial connection? That would have to be a pretty old set. I suspect that what you are asking about is that there is no audio/video cable coming from the Jensen entertainment center to the TV shelf. This seems to be a common oversight in the smaller Jayco trailers.

On the back of the Jensen there is supposed to be a yellow video cable which is the video out put. Its supposed to come out through a grommet where the TV shelf is. There are a lot of posts here where owners of new Jaycos have NO cables coming out where there TV shelf is. We fortunately do, and all the photos I've seen of the X20E do too. The red/white audio cables are line-in, not line-out, so no sound will be routed through the TV, only video. The Jensen is held in by 4 screws and easily slides out so that you can see the connections on the back side of it.

There is a customer service contact form on Jayco's website. Contact them and complain. They will respond and they may even call you. I got a call back about the crappy table legs they put on removal dinettes now, not that they could help me...

http://www.jayco.com/pages/about/contact_service.php
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote