Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2018, 09:20 AM   #1

Thumbs up Voyager Backup Camera issue - Let me tell you about ASA Customer Service....

Wanted to write up a little information about ASA Electronics and the experience I had with them.

The dealer had installed a Voyager rear camera on my 5th wheel when I purchased it in Dec 2016. All was well with it until Sep 2018. I was hooking up the trailer getting ready for a trip when I noticed the monitor would not sync up with the camera. Took the camera down and it looked like it had gotten a little moisture/water in it. Took it apart and dried it out real good. After reassembly the monitor would still not sync with the camera. I looked at their web page and noticed the camera/monitor system only had a 12 month warranty. So I called their support just to see if anything could be done before I purchased a replacement camera which was approx $300.

I explained to the ASA representative that I had purchased the camper from a dealer that installed the camera approx 1.5 years ago. The camper was still under warranty but they were over 70 miles from where I live and I did not see a need to deal with them since I had already troubleshot the issue. I mentioned what I had done to troubleshoot the issue and that I realized the camera only had a 12 month warranty. Their comment was "don't worry we will take care of you"......

They gave me an address to send the camera to so they could look it over and said if there was an issue with it they would send me a new one. I packed it up and dropped it in the mail. About a week later I had a new camera sitting in my mailbox.

Even though it was outside the 12 month warranty period they did a goodwill warranty exchange. Like I tell my kids and wife it never hurts to ask and that you should always be courtesy when speaking with someone about a concern or problem.

Would I buy a Voyager Camera or product from ASA Electronics again.... You bet I will.....

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #2

That is how customer service should be!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #3

Great to hear about a company going the extra mile to satisfy a customer. I'm sure part of it was your being thorough in your explanation of what happened and you weren't trying to pull a fast one.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote