Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018SLXBAJA View Post
I'm slightly confused with this whole solar topic. The panels would charge the batteries during the day and than the camper can run on batteries at night right? So if i'm dry camping we would only need to charge phones, gps, ect and use the heater if its cold enough. We aren't worried about running the AC, TV or Microwave. So would I still need an inverter?
Are fiver came with an inverter it was set up not to run microwave, TV, AC or any plugs in the camper. We did purchase a separate inverter to run the TV.And a 3500 inverter generator to run the AC and microwave.Of course if you have shore power everything is suppose to run.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Lake Plesant.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #22

I have a 2018 Jayco Northpoint and can't seem to find the builtin inverter. Does anyone know where it may be located? I'm wanting to add a couple of solar panels and working on where to run the wiring for the charge controller etc... and hoping to install them at or near the inverter.
Tva448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #23

Don't know if this helps are 16 Eagle 321 came pre- wired from Go Power. Plug in was on the roof. Others run the wires down the vent pipe on the roof. Lots of good U Tubes Video's. We went solar almost 3 years ago love it! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Good Eagle Solar.jpg  
Old 05-03-2018, 06:56 AM   #24

I am guessing you can just plug in to the factory installed solar jack to the trailer?
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018SLXBAJA View Post
I'm slightly confused with this whole solar topic. The panels would charge the batteries during the day and than the camper can run on batteries at night right? So if i'm dry camping we would only need to charge phones, gps, ect and use the heater if its cold enough. We aren't worried about running the AC, TV or Microwave. So would I still need an inverter?
No you don't need an inverter in this scenario. You can charge phones and gps units and run the furnace all from your 12v batteries.

Cheers
Old 05-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeslider View Post
I am guessing you can just plug in to the factory installed solar jack to the trailer?
Forgot we have a second plug in were tank and fill valves are. Maybe you could take a picture of your plug in, to compare plugs.I think most solar stuff are pretty compatible.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #27

This is getting to where I think I might be understanding the discussion. We just bought a Hummingbird 17FD and want to add solar. Can panels on the roof be plugged into the jack on the hitch? Or does that expose the wiring too much to the elements?

The more I read here, the more I know I need to keep reading!

Bradley
bleckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #28

Maybe just tape up the plug in!
Old 05-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tva448 View Post
I have a 2018 Jayco Northpoint and can't seem to find the builtin inverter. Does anyone know where it may be located? I'm wanting to add a couple of solar panels and working on where to run the wiring for the charge controller etc... and hoping to install them at or near the inverter.
You will only have a built in inverter if you have the residential fridge.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #30

All you will need is your panel,cable, in line fuse, controller MPPT does a lot more, battery temp sensor. We went solar three years ago love it.Never worry about batteries being charged!