Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2021, 06:31 AM   #1

WFCO's new AD Series

... was on WFCO's site this morning. Their new AD series stands for Auto-Detect. The new AD series will recognize if the battery being charged is lithium or lead-acid and give it the proper charge profile without any input from the user.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:29 AM   #2

WFCO's new AD Series

Interesting. Their site only says coming soon, so I wonder when they値l start shipping and what the pricing will be.

This led me to find WFCO also has a line (9800-LIS) which has a switch, so you can select whether you池e on LA or Li. If I had to replace my WF-9855 converter/charger now, that is the route (WF-9855-LIS) I壇 l go because it would future-proof my setup so could change to Li more easily later should we start boondocking more than we do now and more easily set it back to LA stock should we sell it.

I知 also wondering about the benefits of an auto version over the manual switch version. You値l only be using LA or Li batteries, not rapidly switching back and forth, so why even bother with the added logic/electronics that could go bad? Is there a use case I知 not considering?
Old 12-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyGeek View Post
Interesting. Their site only says coming soon, so I wonder when they値l start shipping and what the pricing will be.

This led me to find WFCO also has a line (9800-LIS) which has a switch, so you can select whether you池e on LA or Li. If I had to replace my WF-9855 converter/charger now, that is the route (WF-9855-LIS) I壇 l go because it would future-proof my setup so could change to Li more easily later should we start boondocking more than we do now and more easily set it back to LA stock should we sell it.

I知 also wondering about the benefits of an auto version over the manual switch version. You値l only be using LA or Li batteries, not rapidly switching back and forth, so why even bother with the added logic/electronics that could go bad? Is there a use case I知 not considering?
That's a good point and a good question. My guess would be an option to upgrade to Li without having to change the converter. Or swithing to LA if trading and keeping your Li battery - as you mention.

The "switch" (WF-9855-LIS) sounds like a good.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote