Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 11
I found that Chevy and GMC kind of lagged behind when it came to the cabin design, at least until the '15 models.. But that is just my opinion.
__________________

Lothus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothus View Post
I found that Chevy and GMC kind of lagged behind when it came to the cabin design, at least until the '15 models.. But that is just my opinion.
I would agree. It seems like some of the higher level GM and Ford option packages come less appointed than the lower level Ram packages. But most people say the GM trucks ride much better. Dunno, but I can't wait until it's time to start test driving!
__________________

__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 367
I have a '14 2500 6.4. No problem powering up hills at speed towing my 287BHBE. It's gas, so the mileage gets bad when constantly climbing. My normal mpg is only .8 less than my buddy with the same truck in a cummins.
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 6.4L HEMI 4.10s with antispin
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift 287BHBE
Equal-i-zer 90-00-1200(new 90-02-4900 shank)
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
I have a '14 2500 6.4. No problem powering up hills at speed towing my 287BHBE. It's gas, so the mileage gets bad when constantly climbing. My normal mpg is only .8 less than my buddy with the same truck in a cummins.
Thanks for chiming in! I was wondering how you were doing with that truck? I don't see a lot of them equipped with the 4.10s. You had yours built though right?

Is your buddy towing about what you're towing? Because only .8 difference is A LOT less than what I would have figured. Also, that diesel engine is HEAVY, it knocks about a grand off the payload capacity!
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Thanks for chiming in! I was wondering how you were doing with that truck? I don't see a lot of them equipped with the 4.10s. You had yours built though right?



Is your buddy towing about what you're towing? Because only .8 difference is A LOT less than what I would have figured. Also, that diesel engine is HEAVY, it knocks about a grand off the payload capacity!

I was actually building one out on the website, and mine came up in the local inventory search. I bought if the next day. I would have chosen silver on an order, but I hadn't seen the metallic steel. I love the color.

His trailer is a 26' ultra lite toy hauler. Loaded out with his Rhino, it comes in about 400 lbs heavier than mine. .8 is the unloaded mileage difference. The towing mileage is closer to 2 mpg different, but the 6.4 is much more fun to drive!

We should swap trailers next time, and check that mileage difference.
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 6.4L HEMI 4.10s with antispin
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift 287BHBE
Equal-i-zer 90-00-1200(new 90-02-4900 shank)
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
I was actually building one out on the website, and mine came up in the local inventory search. I bought if the next day. I would have chosen silver on an order, but I hadn't seen the metallic steel. I love the color.

His trailer is a 26' ultra lite toy hauler. Loaded out with his Rhino, it comes in about 400 lbs heavier than mine. .8 is the unloaded mileage difference. The towing mileage is closer to 2 mpg different, but the 6.4 is much more fun to drive!

We should swap trailers next time, and check that mileage difference.

Still, at 2 mpg difference, it takes a LONG time to pay for that diesel...
__________________

__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.