Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #1

White Hawk Coax Connection for Outside TV

I have a 2013 White Hawk 30DSRE.

I have a DirecTv satellite and receiver in the living room. I have another receiver in the bedroom. I ran a dedicated line in the bedroom wall to the outside of the RV. The satellite dish has two jacks (main and secondary). I have main going to the original outside coax input which goes to the living room. I have the secondary going to the dedicated outside jack I had installed going to the bedroom. Everything works great. The two receivers and televisions can watch different satellite channels simultaneously and all is well.

So... now my question...

This trailer has a coax jack on the kitchen slide out so that you can set an exterior television on a table and connect it to the coax jack that is out there. I think the expectation is that this will allow the television to be connected to the batwing antenna. However, I am wondering, is it possible that using the satellite receiver in the living room I can direct it's output to that exterior television? That way, I can make use of the receiver without having to physically disconnect it from inside and move it to outside when we want to be outside with television?

I don't know how that exterior jack is wired up. I am thinking that it may just go straight to the batwing antenna and has no connectivity to the coax jacks inside the RV where the living room television and receiver is connected.

Does anyone know?
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #2

Does this illustration pretty much show what is going on with the coax cabling in my trailer? This shows being connected to park cable. However, for satellite the receiver would be between where the A/B jumper wire is in this illustration. And, in that case, does that mean that the output signal from my receiver is actually being broadcast out to my bedroom jack (I don't use it because I ran my own coax to the exterior to connect a dedicated bedroom receiver to the satellite), and also out to my exterior jack? If so, then it sounds like if I hook up an exterior television to that coax output on the slide it should be picking up whatever channel my living room satellite receiver is tuned to.

Is that right?
Attached Thumbnails
cable_11.jpg  
Old 10-09-2014, 05:11 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

once you place the receivers input and output connections in between the A and B port inside, the signal will now also go out to the under awning connection
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #4

That's what I thought so then that will work perfectly. Great!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #5

This evening I tried it out and sure enough the tv outside picks up exactly what the tv inside is showing. So the receiver output is in fact being split to the living room and exterior jack.

That's going to work great for us.