Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2020, 04:05 PM   #1

Wire Colors -12V Source For TPMS Repeater

Have a 2018 White Hawk 31BH. Looking to purchase a TPMS. The unit I'm looking at has a "repeater" to help boost the signal from the valve stem transmitters to the truck. The repeater needs to be wired to 12 volts and placed near the trailer axles. In the front storage compartment, there's a puck light with a blue and white wire. In the same area, there's also a green and white wire running to an exterior marker light on the lower front corner of the trailer. I normally tow with the lights on to power the rear observation camera at the back of the trailer, so the exterior marker lights should be on with power while traveling. So I'm thinking the green and white wires to the marker light would be a good 12 volt source to tap into for the TPMS repeater.

I would think that the colored wires (blue to puck light and green to exterior marker light) are the positive wires and the white wires in both cases are neutral wires.

For confirmation, is it correct to figure wiring going to the puck light and exterior light will have 12 volts going to them, versus something less? Would my assumption that the colored wires are the positive ones and white is neutral be correct too?

Thanks for any input.
Attached Thumbnails
16063414095901140283811.jpg  
Thermalfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:11 PM   #2

We have a 26' trailer. I mounted my repeater on the battery case and only hook it up when I hook up the battery. I just attached a round terminals on the end of each wire and it slide right over the battery post. Not sure why you want it back at the axles.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalfrost View Post
Would my assumption that the colored wires are the positive ones and white is neutral be correct too?

Thanks for any input.
Exactly, using the marker lights would remove any chance of running the battery down when parked.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #4

Quote:
I would think that the colored wires (blue to puck light and green to exterior marker light) are the positive wires and the white wires in both cases are neutral wires.

For confirmation, is it correct to figure wiring going to the puck light and exterior light will have 12 volts going to them, versus something less? Would my assumption that the colored wires are the positive ones and white is neutral be correct too?

Thanks for any input.

On our Seneca motorhome the wires are colored just like yours. When the clearance lights are on the Green has 12v and when ever the batteries are connected the Blue wires have 12V and the whites are ground....this would be easy to test with a voltmeter to be sure. Since we have a motorhome and are not always towing, I mounted mine in a rear compartment using the Blue and white for power/gnd and wired it though a switch so I could turn it off and on. It would make more sense for you to wire to the clearance lights on a TT.

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #5

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:39 PM   #6

Which TPMS are you looking at getting?
Old 12-29-2020, 07:17 PM   #7

Got a Lippert Tire Linc TPMS as a Christmas present for myself. Haven't had an opportunity to wire the repeater in and get things set up, but hope to do so soon. Also got a keyless Bluetooth door lock as another Christmas present. Hope to get it installed and try it out soon as well.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Got a Lippert Tire Linc TPMS as a Christmas present for myself. Haven't had an opportunity to wire the repeater in and get things set up, but hope to do so soon. Also got a keyless Bluetooth door lock as another Christmas present. Hope to get it installed and try it out soon as well.
What makes you think that you will need a repeater/booster?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #9

It is about 45' from the rearmost axle to the dash in the truck. Thinking the manufacturer wouldn't provide a repeater with the "kit" if not needed.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Have you hooked it up yet? I am thinking about buying this, but looking for real world reviews.
Mchartier3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:33 AM   #11

Not yet. Weather hasn't cooperated for the last couple of months. Hoping for a nice Saturday sometime soon.