Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2021, 05:20 PM   #21

I have an X213, but I haven't gone for the rear camera. I'll take this as a valuable lesson to look at other options.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:33 PM   #22

I have a 2019 X213. I had camping world install the Furrion rear view camera when I took delivery. I have had to perform maintenance on the camera as I have had a wiring issue with it. I do not recall any issues with how close it was to the gutter.

My RV is currently at a storage location so I cannot get a great picture. However, you can see how off center mine is from the picture I found. Jayco has obviously not been consistent in the location for the pre-mount. I found the following pic that gives some idea of where it is located on mine (back slide is out).

For what it is worth, I have been pretty happy with my X213. No major issues after my 3rd camping season with it and we do a good amount of camping in it.

Good luck with it!
Attached Thumbnails
2019 jayco x213 rearview camera.PNG  
Scott_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:35 AM   #23

We love our X213. Compact but very comfortable. Hauls like a dream behind our 2016 Tundra. Don't have to extend the slide-out to sleep in it, if you're just pulled over for the night. We're on the road now in Palisade, Colorado, then on to Denver and Santa Fe and back to Portland by Aug 6.
Aside from a few annoying details like the camera mount, ambiguous labeling on the AC knobs, and an inscrutable "thermostat" from the 1960s, the thing has been a joy to use. Waiting on recall progress for the Dometic oven/stove gas leak now...
Candorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candorson View Post
We love our X213. <<SNIP>>
Aside from a few annoying details like <<SNIP>> an inscrutable "thermostat" from the 1960s, the thing has been a joy to use. <<SNIP>>
Solution: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Or anything similar to it.

10 minutes to install. If you want, skip the programming and operate it manually. Select a temp and hit "hold." Vast improvement. YES, this is the thermostat Jayco should have installed, but I presume they have a warehouse full of the 1960s technology to burn thru.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoore13 View Post
Solution: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Or anything similar to it.

10 minutes to install. If you want, skip the programming and operate it manually. Select a temp and hit "hold." Vast improvement. YES, this is the thermostat Jayco should have installed, but I presume they have a warehouse full of the 1960s technology to burn thru.
And, no, it won't work the AC.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:00 AM   #26

Jim~ I'm confused. A thermostat that won't work the AC? How/why is that, and what good is it if it can't operate your cooling system?
Old 07-27-2021, 06:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Jim~ I'm confused. A thermostat that won't work the AC? How/why is that, and what good is it if it can't operate your cooling system?
A typical roof AC is not setup for remote operation. Controls are on the unit. This thermostat will operate the furnace and was recommended to replace the antediluvian analog device most campers are equipped with.
It would operate and AC system that is already tied into a wall thermostat.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:18 AM   #28

I get it now. So the AC control knobs on the ceiling (one for heat/cool and one for fan speed) are all we have for the AC, and the "thermostat" on the wall only controls the furnace?
Old 07-28-2021, 11:02 AM   #29

Quote:
I get it now. So the AC control knobs on the ceiling (one for heat/cool and one for fan speed) are all we have for the AC, and the "thermostat" on the wall only controls the furnace?
Correct. Larger rigs may have "central air - ducted air" that's controlled by a wall-mounted thermostat, but our X-213s have what amounts to window-like unit that has controls on the unit only.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:34 AM   #30

Thanks for confirming, Jim.
Hell, I might even leave the old analog furnace controller, since it works fine in spite of its "antique-ness." I did buy us a simple digital thermometer/humidity guage though, so we can tell inside temp without having to guess.

Tags
furrion rear camera