Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2018, 07:42 AM   #1

2016 Ford Expedition Tow Wiring

I have a 16 Ford Expedition XLT that has only towing prep package. I have found the harness for the brake controller and dug it out from rear part of "drivers side cubby hole". My question is Im going from a 4 way flat to 7 round and have gotten the Hopkins Multi tow adapter. I did see on vehicle that the blue brake line is underneath near 4 way connector and is capped. What would the purple and black wires hook up to from Hopkins Unit to Vehicle? White would obviously screw to frame for ground. Am I missing anything here. I have ordered brake control harness and also the brake controller. What do I need to do for the 12v to charge trailer battery as well. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Carolinaboy828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #2

The 12V battery charge will require a relay so the trailer can't discharge your TV battery when it's not running. On Ford pickups I've owned the relay is either already installed as part of the tow package or they give it to you in a plastic bag and all you have to do is plug it into the fuse panel under the dash.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:03 PM   #3

Perfect thank you. What about the black and purple wires.. Any ideas how I connect those?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Carolinaboy828 is offline   Reply With Quote