Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2019, 05:44 AM   #1

2018.5 Seneca flat towing 2017 RAM 1500 4x4

I am in need of some advice, opinions and recommendations. I recently purchased a 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 to tow behind our 2018.5 Seneca. Yesterday I purchased a Blue OX Aladdin tow bar and the Blue OX BX2412 base plates that were previously used on a 2016 Ram 4x4. Now I need to purchase the wire harness for the lights, the electrical connector adapter to connect the cable from the RV, and the braking system. My installer has to the "bring in" the harness and can provide the wiring connection for the RV to truck. I can use some help with "what to look out for", "the best solution for the brake system", and steps to be concerned with when towing the truck (i read the Ram owners guide and the instructions to flat tow seem straight forward). Any and all suggestions for this newbie towing experience would be greatly appreciated!
tellanfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 03:55 PM   #2

I am interested in how towing your Dodge Ram 1500 has gone behind the Seneca. Looking to do the same. I easily tow my GMC Canyon behind my 2021 Seneca and cannot imagine it would be any different (800-900 lbs more) but curious your experience. Thanks in advance!
jeffgladd is offline   Reply With Quote