Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #21

I've always used bulk def pumps at truck stops in my'13 and '16 duramax with the fill under the hood. I just pull my nose up to the pump so the hose reaches Never had a problem, even using the auto setting. It's only a 5 gallon tank so it didn't take long to fill.

I'm not a fan of the fill next to the diesel one. To easy for someone to fill the diesel tank with DEF by accident.

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:30 PM   #22

hmmmmm.... why not dedicate a gas can to def and use it to transfer the fluid? Or get a 2 2/1 gallon of Def and just refill it?

I can't see a funnel helping much if it is a volume issue.

??
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
pawags45, my 2019 is the same. I have only put DEF in it once at a truck stop and just ran the pump about as slow as it would go. Didn't have any issues other than dragging the DEF hose across the front of the truck and barely reaching the fill port.

Yeah, I do the same I try to squeeze the trigger as light as I can but I don't have the problem with that but the diesel pump is where you have to be careful.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:56 PM   #24

I just do simple math.. when my 30% comes on I know it is about 5 gal.. I try and run it down to 10% if I am just around town. Then I just go and fill it up watching the numbers go by till til gets to 5 gal then start slowing down. The nozzle clicks off and I put the cap back on and go my merry way. Using the jugs produces the same sort of over fill and all over the place mess and it is way easier and cheaper to use the pump... the hose is plenty long...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
Your 2021 should have the DEF fill next to the Diesel fill right ? Also on that 2021 is the engine heater on the side that you just plug into ? I think I heard that they made it easier to get to.
Yes on both accounts. However I don't anticipate to ever have to use the heater. Hope to be a little south when it turns cold next year.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:14 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
My 2019 Chevy Dully has the DEFF Fill in the engine up close to the Dash. When I try to fill it at the Truck Stop (TA) it comes out way to fast and keeps coming back out. Has anyone found a long funnel that would work for this. I would need something that goes down the Fill Tube a ways I think. Any links to web sites or amazon would be appreciated. Thanks.
These trucks and I have a 2500 hd my self, and a over the road big truck driver-These little Trks are not set up for fast fill stations like Trk stops. Buy the boxes of DEF with the fill tubes and fill them that way. The trk stops are set up for fast fills only, (u have just learned that lesson ) and I am Shure u understand why and everyone just about carriers, them DEF Boxes and it only takes a few mins to fill that small DEF tank on the truck anyways, 2 boxe's or less.
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:03 AM   #27

I never did understand why GM thought that was a good idea to put the fill port for the DEF under the hood like that.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote