Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2016, 10:35 PM   #11

I was a dodge guy for a while. I loved my 5.9 dodge, but when I went to buy anouther they just wouldn't come off the price at all. So I started looking at other brands. Now I drive a ford. I noticed the price of the dodges have gone up compaired to what they used to be when compared to the other two brands. The only 2 complaints about the dodge, is that you have to pay extra to get the upgraded torque and an equally optioned ford is less expensive (I wasn't looking at top of the line though). Makes zero sense to me, when I can go buy a ford for less and not have to get an optional trans to have the torque. The ford diesel drives like a gas engine when compared to the dodge. Hope this helps.

jws0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws0679 View Post
I was a dodge guy for a while. I loved my 5.9 dodge, but when I went to buy anouther they just wouldn't come off the price at all. So I started looking at other brands. Now I drive a ford. I noticed the price of the dodges have gone up compaired to what they used to be when compared to the other two brands. The only 2 complaints about the dodge, is that you have to pay extra to get the upgraded torque and an equally optioned ford is less expensive (I wasn't looking at top of the line though). Makes zero sense to me, when I can go buy a ford for less and not have to get an optional trans to have the torque. The ford diesel drives like a gas engine when compared to the dodge. Hope this helps.
I guess it's regional..My experience is/was just the opposite of your's..comparing apples to apples in trim and features..Ford's cost the most in and around the region I live in..Chevy in the middle and Ram was the cheapest in cost...I've priced and drove all three in 2010, 2013 and again this past January...again, the same results..and you could get 10K off sticker every time with the Ramwithout even negotiating .....As I stated I was a brand loyal Chevy truck fan for 35 years...Ford didn't like the color of my money I guess...always got the best deal with Chevy...Didn't go to a Dodge truck until 2010...never wanted a Ram, couldn't stand the loudness of the 5.9 , nor cared about body style of earlier models, even if cost was less.

Ram gives you a medium duty engine (the Cummins), strapped to a medium duty tranny, ( the Aisin)..I would expect to pay more..BUT, the loaded out King Ranch STILL cost more than truck in my sig, in my case...and I still have far more GCWR than the Ford, a higher RAWR and medium duty engine and tranny...in my case for less than the Ford..The Ford is running the troublesome CP4HPFP..The Ram is using the CP3..no issues.

I'm not looking for "light to light" running, I'm for reliability and longevity,,,and with 900 ft lb of TQ, towing my TH in the mountains is a piece of cake for this truck.

B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #13

We got the Tradesman trim on our 14 Ram in the signature line. They made us a heck of a deal thru Costco. They were just getting in the 1/2 ton diesels and wanted the lot space. We got 2% over dealer cost for a SRW and another $5k off if I took the Dually. Ended up out the door at $39k.
This 6.7 is a beast! Just got back from Vegas with our 5ver in sig line. Came back I15 to I70. It pulled Vail, Eisenhauer and Floyd Hill at 65+mph. It never ran hot and pulled like crazy. Hand calculated mpg at 12.1 for the entire trip. Couldn't ask for better.