Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
eric2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Central PA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMFAM View Post
Eric2500HD, don't overlook Husley Centerline WDH. Not as expensive as Reece or Hensley but definatley a very good WDH with active anti-sway double cam system. I picked up mine for around $750.
Thanks for the WDH info. I have not heard of the Husley but will defenitely look into it. I have found the Reese 1500 lb dual cam for $540 plus about $85 for the shank. I will have to look up that Husley now. Thanks.
__________________

__________________
TV - 2011 Chevy 2500hd CC SB 4x4 6.0l
TT- 2012 Jay Flight 32bhds- Elite, Thermal, Technology, Hide a Bed, Outdoor Kitchen, Ladder, Power Awning
eric2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
eric2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Central PA
Posts: 118
Just looked up the hitch. The Husky centerline is a lot like the Equalizer or the Reese SC series hitches. The Huskey does have an interesting setup in the hitch head with the pistons that help return the trailer to centerline.
__________________

__________________
TV - 2011 Chevy 2500hd CC SB 4x4 6.0l
TT- 2012 Jay Flight 32bhds- Elite, Thermal, Technology, Hide a Bed, Outdoor Kitchen, Ladder, Power Awning
eric2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #43
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 56
Eric, I just checked my specs, I do have the 3.73's but looking in the manual, it shows my ratings at 9,900# without WD, 13,000# with WD. total GCWR is 16,000. My TV is an extended cab, where I see yours is a crew. This is the could explain the difference, but if I'm reading the 08' manual right, it still showed 13,000# w/WD-9,800#w/o WD for the crew cab. The 4:10 ratings in 08' are 12,300# w/o WD still 13,000# w/WD and GCWR of 18,500#.
I still think you'll be fine. When we were on the turnpike, my DW wanted to give driving a try, so I let her run for a while, and I actually had to get on her a couple times for letting our speed get over 70-75mph. I think the combo gets a little light feeling over 70mph, so I try staying under that and I didn't like her running that fast with her inexperience. I think I may play with the hitch settings a little to dial it in better, but so far I haven't had any sway of cross wind problems.
My truck has the 26 gal. fuel tank. I usually start looking for a gas station around 1/4 tank so I don't push my luck too much.
Happy camping!
__________________
2011 Jay Filght G2 32BHDS
2008 Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L
Reese DC, Prodigy controller
rescuebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
eric2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Central PA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuebub View Post
Eric, I just checked my specs, I do have the 3.73's but looking in the manual, it shows my ratings at 9,900# without WD, 13,000# with WD. total GCWR is 16,000. My TV is an extended cab, where I see yours is a crew. This is the could explain the difference, but if I'm reading the 08' manual right, it still showed 13,000# w/WD-9,800#w/o WD for the crew cab. The 4:10 ratings in 08' are 12,300# w/o WD still 13,000# w/WD and GCWR of 18,500#.
I still think you'll be fine. When we were on the turnpike, my DW wanted to give driving a try, so I let her run for a while, and I actually had to get on her a couple times for letting our speed get over 70-75mph. I think the combo gets a little light feeling over 70mph, so I try staying under that and I didn't like her running that fast with her inexperience. I think I may play with the hitch settings a little to dial it in better, but so far I haven't had any sway of cross wind problems.
My truck has the 26 gal. fuel tank. I usually start looking for a gas station around 1/4 tank so I don't push my luck too much.
Happy camping!
Thanks rescuebub. I will have to go double check my manual now and see what it says. My 05 2500hd had the 26 gallon tank I and I would only get about 250 miles when towing. My new truck has the 36 so I should get close to 100 more miles out of it. The 36 gallon is nice but I hate getting below half a tank and then filling up $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. thanks again for the info.
__________________
TV - 2011 Chevy 2500hd CC SB 4x4 6.0l
TT- 2012 Jay Flight 32bhds- Elite, Thermal, Technology, Hide a Bed, Outdoor Kitchen, Ladder, Power Awning
eric2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Idaho/Arizona
Posts: 5,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2500hd View Post
Thanks rescuebub. I will have to go double check my manual now and see what it says. My 05 2500hd had the 26 gallon tank I and I would only get about 250 miles when towing. My new truck has the 36 so I should get close to 100 more miles out of it. The 36 gallon is nice but I hate getting below half a tank and then filling up $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. thanks again for the info.
I don't know about some people but I fill up between 1/2 and 1/4 tank. I just don't like driving with the light flashing and the dinger sounding and hopeing I can make it to the next gas station.
__________________
2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
2017 Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 with tow package.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
eric2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Central PA
Posts: 118
I don't let it get below 1/4 tank. When the fuel gets too low in the tank your fuel pump can heat up and start sucking any debris that might be in the tank. It shortens the life of a fuel pump. Plus it takes forever to fill back up and usually 2 swipes of the card since most pumps in my area are limited to $100. At $3.89 a gallon that doesn't fill a 36 gallon tank.
__________________
TV - 2011 Chevy 2500hd CC SB 4x4 6.0l
TT- 2012 Jay Flight 32bhds- Elite, Thermal, Technology, Hide a Bed, Outdoor Kitchen, Ladder, Power Awning
eric2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Seann45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatoon Sask Canada
Posts: 9,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2500hd View Post
I don't let it get below 1/4 tank. When the fuel gets too low in the tank your fuel pump can heat up and start sucking any debris that might be in the tank. It shortens the life of a fuel pump. Plus it takes forever to fill back up and usually 2 swipes of the card since most pumps in my area are limited to $100. At $3.89 a gallon that doesn't fill a 36 gallon tank.
Try filling a 52 gallon titan tank (aftermarket tank for Chev's) it is now 3 swipes of the credit card...
__________________
Seann
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
175 days boondocking in 2017
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
eric2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Central PA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Try filling a 52 gallon titan tank (aftermarket tank for Chev's) it is now 3 swipes of the credit card...
OUCH!
__________________
TV - 2011 Chevy 2500hd CC SB 4x4 6.0l
TT- 2012 Jay Flight 32bhds- Elite, Thermal, Technology, Hide a Bed, Outdoor Kitchen, Ladder, Power Awning
eric2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
eric2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Central PA
Posts: 118
I got to test the truck out on Friday when I brought the new camper home. It pulled great. It was no speed demon but it had got up to speed well and was able to maintain it easily. The longest grade on the way home I locked the transmission in 4th so it would not kick into overdrive and it pulled it with no problems. My tranny temps got to about 170 at the peak but quickly dropped into the 150 range the rest of the way home. The only downside will be watching my gas guage drop. Thanks for all the help and useful information I received from all of you.
__________________
TV - 2011 Chevy 2500hd CC SB 4x4 6.0l
TT- 2012 Jay Flight 32bhds- Elite, Thermal, Technology, Hide a Bed, Outdoor Kitchen, Ladder, Power Awning
eric2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
drfife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2500hd View Post
?...The only downside will be watching my gas guage drop....
What mpg are you getting with the 6.0 towing the trailer?

I got 8 towing my 9,000 lb trailer with my previous 2002 Suburban K2500.

I'm getting 12 towing the same trailer with my 3500HD Duramax. It will only take me 7 years to realize the savings for the extra cost of the engine. But, it's a towing monster. It doesn't even downshift on hills like my previous gasser.
__________________

__________________
Russell
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.