Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #1

Air bags suspension

Looking in getting some air bags for my F150 2017. Wondering what did you guys go with? How difficult is it to Install, where did you guys mount the fittings to pump air Into the bags?

Would I be able to use a Union tee to pump both air bags at once? Just not sure how the pressure guage reading would work when both bags are connected to the tee.

Thanks

ibra0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibra0078 View Post
Looking in getting some air bags for my F150 2017. Wondering what did you guys go with? How difficult is it to Install, where did you guys mount the fittings to pump air Into the bags?

Would I be able to use a Union tee to pump both air bags at once? Just not sure how the pressure guage reading would work when both bags are connected to the tee.

Thanks
I use Air Lift easy to install and lifetime warranty. You can use tee and both bags pump up to same pressure. I ran mine out thru the bottom tag hole

Old 06-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #3

I installed Firestones, with a a tee. I installed the Schrader valve, on the same bracket that holds my 7 pin connector.

Start to finish I would guess 2 hours, including all prep and cleanup.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #4

A tee fitting will work fine and allow both bags to be pressurized to the same PSI. The pressure gauge will read the pressure of both bags, which will be the same.

The question that I have is why do you feel you need air bags? If you need bags, it is usually because your suspension isn't sufficient for the weight. If the suspension isn't sufficient for the weight, its because your truck is too small. Air bags won't solve that problem, but simply change the weakest link to something else.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
A tee fitting will work fine and allow both bags to be pressurized to the same PSI. The pressure gauge will read the pressure of both bags, which will be the same.

The question that I have is why do you feel you need air bags? If you need bags, it is usually because your suspension isn't sufficient for the weight. If the suspension isn't sufficient for the weight, its because your truck is too small. Air bags won't solve that problem, but simply change the weakest link to something else.
That's not always true. I use a F350 dually and it squats around 2 in. maybe little more. Airbags allow you to level it back up. Fords seem to squat more than some other brands.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibra0078 View Post

Thanks
I might be over thinking this but if tee'd together wouldn't the air just transfer to the bag without the weight when weight is shifted (as when going around a corner) instead of doing its job keeping the truck level?
Watsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #7

I have front and rear Air Lift bags. The biggest PIA was getting the old bump stops off while laying on your back in the garage. I have dual ports due to other hauling reasons.
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:26 AM   #8

Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsons View Post
I might be over thinking this but if tee'd together wouldn't the air just transfer to the bag without the weight when weight is shifted (as when going around a corner) instead of doing its job keeping the truck level?
This is what I was told when they installed my Firestone bags, not sure if it's true though. I find it very easy to inflate each bag to the same pressure.
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #10

You should go over to http://f150forum.com and check out the towing/hauling section. There are many opinions to read about (air bags, sumo springs, timbrens, etc.)