Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Been on here a few years and have never read of K&N haters... Don't think the poster needs you on his 6.... lol. Also know a K&N isn't making any real benefit and doesn't do a better job filtering air either. I tried them in the past...
Yeah, I use them, but I do not have any noticeable gains from them. I use them for their "lifetime" service. However, I am super careful to maintain them properly (must be judicious with the oil). You do not want the oil making its way beyond the air box, onto MAS and/or other sensors. For $45 you get a high quality very long-lasting filter.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #22

Air suspension for 2016 Silverado

Very well put. I do not disagree. My response that you quoted was more me surprised someone thought someone else needed their 6 covered, like this forum bashed/flamed people. This is the most friendly forum I'm on... I meant no harm and hope this stays a friendly site. My experience was an over oiled K&N could cause MAF issues and an under oiled one could allow dust to pass compared to a paper element. But my opinion is just that and not tying to change anybody's mind. I prolly should have just said no 6 covering needed . But it's all good.... OP sorry I have caused a derail. Keep us posted.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:56 PM   #23

You need to adjust your weight distribution hitch.

I've bought 3 different campers over the last 4 years. Each one required me to readjust my WDH to bring truck up to level.
TednWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #24

Look into Supersprings for you Silverado. The do wonders for extra load support and are just along for the ride when unloaded leaving you with the Factory suspension. I added the to my Silverado to help with the squat with the slide-in camper loaded. It may be a Northern Lite, but I weighs 3200lbs dry. I would guess it is around 4000lbs ready to camp.
Happy Camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:43 AM   #25

Do you have the max tow package on it? I had a '14 Silverado 1500 and towed a 32' Tracer 3200BHT with ease. It grosses out at 9500, and we ran it around #8300 for week long trips.
DownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:08 AM   #26

I agree with others that if you are looking at air bags you might want to also want to make a trip to the CAT Scales.

If you have a properly set up wight distribution hitch and it can't level the truck then you are probably blowing way past the cargo limits, axle limits and probably the hitch receiver limits. Lots of people out there use air bags to level out the truck, add bigger brakes and assume that means they can ignore the specs on the truck. However those changes didn't include upgrading the axles to 8 lug (3/4 or 1 ton) or modified the frame at all. They just addressed two of the many issues.